A place to discuss hardware/software and diagnostic procedures

TOPDON phoenix lite, plus and others

More
5 months 4 days ago #63638 by dugy401978
On Amazon and eBay none of the listings list ford,Chevy, Ecspecially Dodge which is my truck.   
  I came across something that said we have to buy auto auth for 50 a year.  Is this true? Appreciate any info bout this.  Already bought the plus.  That’s going to suck to get it then can’t scan my truck.  Thank you Doug

Unless I specify otherwise. I am working on a 2004 Dodge Durango. 4.7. Thank you for helping.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Noah
  • Give code definitions with numbers!
More
5 months 3 days ago #63643 by Noah
2016 and up, most Chrysler vehicles use a secure gateway module to interface the vehicle networks and modules to the scan tool. This is where the Auto Authority subscription comes in.
You must have an approved scan tool, and it must have the most current software version available plus the Auto Authority subscription. Once you are all registered, when you scan the vehicle (internet connection required) Auto Authority will validate you have an appropriate tool and subscription, and will unlock the gateway module. Then it's business as usual.
I got onto the Snap-On software subscription package to always have the latest update ($80 per month) just for this reason.

"Ground cannot be checked with a 10mm socket"

More
5 months 2 days ago #63657 by dugy401978
I bought the plus. So I only need auto auth for Chrysler cars?

Unless I specify otherwise. I am working on a 2004 Dodge Durango. 4.7. Thank you for helping.

• Noah
More
5 months 2 days ago #63660 by Noah

I bought the plus. So I only need auto auth for Chrysler cars?
​​​​ Anything under the Chrysler umbrella (Dodge, Chrysler, Jeep, Ram etc.) that uses a secure gateway module.

More
5 months 2 days ago #63661 by dugy401978
Only 2016 or 2018 cars and above though right. There’s a way around auto auth free. 12+8 cable. Amazon. 12 bucks.

More
5 months 2 days ago #63662 by dugy401978
  Here’s screenshot.  Don’t need auto auth.  

The following user(s) said Thank You: Noah

• Noah
More
5 months 1 day ago #63677 by Noah

Here’s screenshot.  Don’t need auto auth.  

From a professional liability stand point, I'll continue to pay for Auto Authority, but I think think that's a perfectly fine work around for someone just wanting to work on their own car.

Time to create page: 0.191 seconds