A place to discuss hardware/software and diagnostic procedures

Xtool D8

More
5 months 2 weeks ago #63489 by mike1406
Xtool D8 was created by mike1406
Hi,
 A question about suppliers of Xtool D8 Scanners. I'm a bit spooked after looking for different brands of scanners. I looked at several 'Launch' models and found that there are knock-offs sold on Amazon that do not cover U.S. car makers cars as well as expected. The U.S supplier doesn't support his off-shoot of Launch.
 Amazon also sells a Xtool D8 And they have models sold by Xtool Direct, Xtool Official, and Xtool store.
 I ordered one from 'Xtool Direct' and want to be sure I'm getting a scanner from the correct source. I just want to make sure I'm not surprised after I receive it.
 Any help someone could give me would be very much appreciated!
 Mike

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Noah
  • Give code definitions with numbers!
More
5 months 2 weeks ago - 5 months 2 weeks ago #63494 by Noah
Replied by Noah on topic Xtool D8
Mike,
I wish I had some advice for you. It seems like a real craps shoot buying diag tools online. AES Wave is a well known and trusted source industry wide. They have many scan tools from Autel, Launch and Topdon. I would not hesitate to purchase from them.
Since you all ready pulled the trigger, perhaps you would be willing to share your experience with the seller and the tool once you get your hands on it to help out others in the same situation.

"Ground cannot be checked with a 10mm socket"
Last edit: 5 months 2 weeks ago by Noah.

More
5 months 1 week ago #63596 by FA1
Replied by FA1 on topic Xtool D8
Hi Mike ,
I had D8 for few months ,good tool ,got from eBay Obd-Shop guy, but after few months it stoped to work . Xtool tech support remotely try to fix but they diagnoses was that hardware is damaged and can not be repaired. They asked me to contact seller to claim warranty but seller totally not cooperative to do anything . Just my personal experience with Xtool .
I hope this will help you make right decision where to buy one .

More
2 weeks 5 days ago #65343 by Alexr54
Replied by Alexr54 on topic Xtool D8
I just received a brand new Xtools D8, the USB port is completely nonfunctional.
Haven't even had a chance to use it yet because i need the USB port for a key reader.
Otherwise the D8 is useless to me.

I've contacted the seller as well as xtools-tech support.
Was just this morning, haven't heard back yet.
I tried to search online if there may be a fix for the usb port on these types of tablets, maybe a setting or something.
No luck.

So far it's been a very bad experience for me.

More
2 weeks 4 days ago #65347 by FA1
Replied by FA1 on topic Xtool D8
please let us know how you go with support

I never herd back from Xtool or got my money or tool .

More
2 weeks 3 days ago #65363 by NemoRed
Replied by NemoRed on topic Xtool D8
I recently purchased the Xtool D8 Bt. As you may know, this runs android 5.1. I have been trying to install apps on this device, but every time I do, they crash. I even get a message about Google play services not installed, but I can't even get a version of that to run. It's there any way to successfully install apps, or at least update the browser to a more functional version of Chrome? It would make the tool much more useful if I can use it as a tablet as well.

Time to create page: 0.229 seconds