A place to discuss hardware/software and diagnostic procedures

Topdon vs Launch

More
5 months 3 weeks ago #63471 by Dimitar
Topdon vs Launch was created by Dimitar
Can you help to decide what to buy - Topdon Phoenix Smart or Launch X431 PRO5 both with software and kit for trucks. Is anyone have experience with one of these tools or both of them? My concerning is that the Launch have these add-ons, and I don`t know is it have enough capabilities.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 months 1 week ago #63621 by Jawsjaws2000
Replied by Jawsjaws2000 on topic Topdon vs Launch
Following.. I also been looking for a scan tool that covers cars and commercial trucks as well. Topdon and launch have the software, but neither seem to want to showcase it in any videos.

More
1 week 6 days ago #65417 by pwbcktftii
Replied by pwbcktftii on topic Topdon vs Launch
I have been researching this myself. I find I need one of these tools for work. My small code reader just isn't giving enough info anymore. I have chosen the Topdon AD600S to buy. The Launch brand will charge for update after a time & their expensive. The Topdon offers lifetime updates for this model. Only 2 years of free updates if you go with the 800 model & above. Price to but is about the same. I found the Topdon on Temu.com for $144, shipped. Similar on eBay.com. Launch was a little more to buy on both sites, but not much. The other brands I looked @ didn't seem to have the capibilities I was looking for. So without breaking the bank & spending over $500.00 I'm choosing the Topdon.
20240201_AD Series Comp Chart (plytix.com)  Here's the Topdon chart of all their models, from the manufacturers website. I hope this helps folks decide. 

More
1 week 6 days ago #65419 by GeorgeF4
Replied by GeorgeF4 on topic Topdon vs Launch
I have this same exact question. I can't decide between the topdon smart or the x431 pro3 ace. Now a scanner salesperson on YouTube told me the topdon is now a better option.(they can program more car brands and now also have the FCA auth.) One thing I hate is that launch has so many versions of the same tools. If you buy a launch usa product its double the cost of a launch global tool of the same level? Launch needs to consolidate their lineup. A more even comparison is the Launch Torque Link and the TopDon Phoenix Smart. Both can be had for $1800 if you look hard... But if you buy a Launch Global X431 Pro3 you spend $860 and you can add the smart link later for $800 if you must have it. I can't decide. I do think Launch is the more established brand but TopDon is growing fast.

Time to create page: 0.215 seconds