A place to discuss hardware/software and diagnostic procedures

Scanner recommendations

More
6 months 1 week ago #63246 by Stryped
I am looking for a decent, inexpensive diy scanner that has the capability to perform the crank relearn on a 2010 Silverado. Do any of you have recommendations?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Noah
  • Give code definitions with numbers!
More
6 months 1 week ago #63254 by Noah
Replied by Noah on topic Scanner recommendations
Virtually any bidirectional capable scan tool,(not a code reader), should be able to perform that function.
Since you asked for a recommendation, mine is Snap-On. Solus, Modis, Verus etc. all will get the job done.

"Ground cannot be checked with a 10mm socket"
The following user(s) said Thank You: Smitty041500, FA1

More
6 months 1 week ago #63259 by Stryped
Replied by Stryped on topic Scanner recommendations
Any advice on where to find a bidirectional scanner that is not too expensive?

• Noah
  • Give code definitions with numbers!
More
6 months 1 week ago #63260 by Noah
Replied by Noah on topic Scanner recommendations
I usually get them from the Snap-On truck, they can be found used on e-bay or in pawn shops. That's what I use because it's what I've always used and it works. They are almost always "too expensive", lol.
Launch, Autel, and Topdon have earned a place in the market. People on the forum use them with great success, maybe someone will be willing to share their experiences.
Search the forum as well, this is a topic that comes up quite often.
If you click the menu header at the top of the page, there's a tools tab that links to Scanner Danners Amazon and AESWave pages.

"Ground cannot be checked with a 10mm socket"
The following user(s) said Thank You: Smitty041500

More
6 months 1 week ago #63280 by 70monte
Replied by 70monte on topic Scanner recommendations
I have a Thinktool Pros and recently got an Otofix D1 powered by Autel software. I got the D1 during the recent Amazon sale but have seen it on sale before as well. It's not too expensive and has a ton on capability for the price. I would look at some of the lower price Topdon and Thinkcar scanners as they all run Launch software which is pretty decent.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Noah

More
5 months 6 days ago #63623 by FA1
Replied by FA1 on topic Scanner recommendations
as mention above some brands by Noah but is hard to find one will do all for that reason many work shop will have few deferent brands in they tool box

More
5 months 2 days ago #63673 by techwrench
Replied by techwrench on topic Scanner recommendations
I recently picked up a Launch CRP919E on Amazon deals for under 400. I have used it on a few different vehicles so far and am very pleased with the capabilities at the price point.

More
4 months 2 weeks ago #63866 by 11Andrew11
Replied by 11Andrew11 on topic Scanner recommendations
I just bought a Foxwell NT710 for $249. They also have the NT530 for $159. It can only be used on one platform (e.g. Chrysler, BMW, Honda) at that price, but you can add software for additional brands for $60-$80 each. I bought it for my wife's e92 BMW 328i. My Dodge truck is pre-OBDII.

"One learns by doing."

More
4 months 2 weeks ago #63867 by 11Andrew11
Replied by 11Andrew11 on topic Scanner recommendations
I just bought a Foxwell NT710 for $249. They also have the NT530 for $159. It can only be used on one platform (e.g. Chrysler, BMW, Honda) at that price, but you can add software for additional brands for $60-$80 each. I bought it for my wife's e92 BMW 328i. My Dodge truck is pre-OBDII.

I can't speak to how good it is yet, but wanted to share a lower priced alternative.

"One learns by doing."
The following user(s) said Thank You: Noah

Time to create page: 0.227 seconds