A place to discuss hardware/software and diagnostic procedures

Xtool D8

More
7 months 4 weeks ago #62839 by panamaszr12
Xtool D8 was created by panamaszr12
A while back I purchased a Xtool BT D8 based on pricing, and reviews on the net. See I have a 2004 Nissan Maxima that keeps throwing a PO172, and upon trying to run down the issue I try looking at the long and short trims. to my surprise this scanner doesn't do this function. This isn't the first time I've run into a function this scanner won't do. I feel like an idiot because I have a scanner which won't give me data I consider to be common data, and in order to get this data I would have to pay someone else to run down this code, or purchase a scanner that works.
I just want to know if anyone else out there has had issues like me, and seeing how I may have to purchase a scanner that actually functions what people would recommend.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Noah
  • Give code definitions with numbers!
More
7 months 4 weeks ago #62847 by Noah
Replied by Noah on topic Xtool D8
It's more likely because it's a Nissan. They use a slightly different trim strategy called Alpha.
Tutti knows alpha well, I do not, lol.
If you use global or generic OBD instead of identifying the vehicle and using the enhanced data, fuel trim will be displayed as you are used to seeing it on other makes.

"Ground cannot be checked with a 10mm socket"

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.203 seconds