A place to discuss hardware/software and diagnostic procedures

Topdon Phoenix Scanner question

More
9 months 1 week ago #62575 by edoooo
Does anybody with a Phoenix know if it will see live data for the SCCM data pins for radio volume up/down, and seek up/down on a dodge? These are the rocker buttons on the backside of the steering wheel. I have a 2014 caravan, but I think it's similar on other dodge models/years. Per several calls, the Topdon tech reps were unable to advise if the Phoenix Lite 2 can see these live data, and/or do actuation tests for these data pins. Topdon rep advised me that i'd need to connect to an actual dodge vehicle to verify. I don't have a Phoenix tool yet, and would really like to know before buy a Phoenix. In a ScannerDannner video I see the snapon can see these data pins on dodge, and per another video the phoenix can see SCCM on ford. Already paid the dodge dealer $250 and they were not able to see these data pins, and advised me that it's not possible. Frustrating. Thank you if someone can help check this please! from Ed

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Noah
  • Give code definitions with numbers!
More
9 months 6 days ago - 9 months 6 days ago #62612 by Noah
Hopefully someone with that tool can chime in, but I can say from experience, that's just how it goes. Even if the tests and data are available for A Dodge, doesn't mean they will work on YOUR Dodge.
There's been plenty of times I'll pull in, for instance , two Ford's back to back, and the data and bidirectional tests with my Verus Edge will not be the same. You just won't know for sure until you plug in and try it.
Such is the life of an aftermarket tech...

"Ground cannot be checked with a 10mm socket"
Last edit: 9 months 6 days ago by Noah.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.259 seconds