A place to discuss hardware/software and diagnostic procedures

Scanner Question

More
10 months 1 week ago #62181 by John2023
Scanner Question was created by John2023
Hi, I am a newbie here. I have been a backyard mechanic, not a professional, for 60 plus years. Yes, that makes me a very old coot who did wrench type repairs many years before scanners were even envisioned. My current problem is with the cruise control system on my 2001 Dodge Ram 2500 with the Cummins diesel. I would like to look at the inputs to the powertrain control module from the cruise control switches because Dodge used the powertrain control module for the cruise control electronics. I believe an OTC Genysis could see the cruise control switch inputs to the pcm but mine is a very dead Genysis EVO. What other scanners can monitor those cruise control inputs?

As a final question, does anyone repair the Genysis Evo scanner now?

Thanks much for the help,

John

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 months 1 week ago #62182 by Tyler
Replied by Tyler on topic Scanner Question
I can't comment on the possibility of repairs on your Genisys Evo. OTC would be the people to contact about that, but they may not even support that scanner at this point.

As for reading the cruise control data on you Ram, I've always found Snap-On coverage of CDJR products to be excellent. Launch and Autel will cover that same YMME, but never seems to work quite as well. Can't speak for TopDon.

• Noah
  • Give code definitions with numbers!
More
10 months 5 days ago #62194 by Noah
Replied by Noah on topic Scanner Question
My feet are planted in the Snap-On scan tool camp. It's what I learned on and what I know.
With the introduction of Zeus +, the "Plus" line seems poised to replace the "Edge" line, so finding an affordable used Verus Edge should be getting easier by the day.

"Ground cannot be checked with a 10mm socket"

Time to create page: 0.224 seconds