A place to discuss hardware/software and diagnostic procedures

Cheap chinese aliexpress Map sensor response time

More
11 months 5 days ago - 11 months 4 days ago #61703 by allenp
Hello, I've got a question about a new MAP sensor I've ordered and installed on a car from Aliexpress site. It was like 10$... This is the link m.aliexpress.com/item/32636654491.html?s...tem.3.14e3f19cyIRJpJ

So , I've noticed that, to my opinion, this sensor has greater response time than it should. It is stated that MAP sensors should read pressure at about 1ms.
To me it seems that this sensor has greater delay before measuring pressure than it should.

Here is the csv table which I recorded on one longer trip during many climbs and downhill driving... Car wasn't able to maintain speed greater than 40 mph on uphill driving in 4th and even 3rd gear manual transmission, 105HP car, Chevrolet Lacetti 1.6 litre engine).

From looking at csv to me it looks like some bogus reading from MAP sensor, like it was delayed.

Please look at trip details in csv and please tell me what you think about it.
sendeyo.com/en/b86175645e

Also pdf for maybe better viewing on link below
pdfhost.io/v/t~7qOAnMe_trip

Since you cant see all text in first row for column descriptions, starting from second column you have "Absolute throttle position"; "Engine RPM", "Intake manifold absolute pressure"; "Calculated load value"; "Ignition timing"; "Fuel system status"; "Vehicle speed"; "Short term fuel trim".

Here are screenshots to multiple transitions of load to intake pressure parameters if thats of more help to analyze of what is going on with map sensor.

postimg.cc/gallery/0rGgGDj
Last edit: 11 months 4 days ago by allenp.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 months 5 days ago #61704 by allenp
Admin please delete other duplicate posts, Ive had some errors while posting. Leave only this post.

More
11 months 4 days ago #61739 by Tyler

Admin please delete other duplicate posts, Ive had some errors while posting. Leave only this post.

No worries. :cheer:

I'm also gonna move this one to the Diagnostic Tools section.

More
11 months 4 days ago #61745 by allenp
pdfhost.io/v/t~7qOAnMe_trip

Here above is the link for same csv in pdf format for the trip log mentioned in the first post.

Since you cant see all text in first row for column descriptions, starting from second column you have "Absolute throttle position"; "Engine RPM", "Intake manifold absolute pressure"; "Calculated load value"; "Ignition timing"; "Fuel system status"; "Vehicle speed"; "Short term fuel trim".

Here are screenshots to multiple transitions of load to intake pressure parameters if thats of more help to analyze of what is going on with map sensor.

postimg.cc/gallery/0rGgGDj

More
7 months 2 days ago #63114 by allenp
Does this behaviour seem ok to you?
This was taken on a short trip while car exhibited a few hickups (drops in rpm) which it does sometimes when it's cold on first start and run...

ibb.co/Sx6L6hx

More
7 months 2 days ago #63115 by allenp
maybe this is better more clear picture

ibb.co/8gMRPr5

Time to create page: 0.225 seconds