A place to discuss hardware/software and diagnostic procedures

bought a scantooll tell me what you all think ??

More
6 years 11 months ago #10087 by toadyboy1957
i ordered a scantool this morning // can you all tell me if its good or not for a DIYER

MaxiScan MS509 KW808 OBD2 OBDII EOBD Scanner Car Code Reader Tester Diagnostic

Does anyone know anything about this scantool
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 11 months ago - 6 years 11 months ago #10088 by Andy.MacFadyen
I hate to be the bearer of bad news don't think it is genuine Autel there are a lot of knock off MS509 copies sold on eBay. Two things raise alarm bells it is sold as a KW808 and the fact Autel haven't produced the MS509 for about 3 years, the curent "5"series models are the 519 and 539 and 539B Having said it may work perfectly well the MS509 was a good value for money tool in its time although unlike the MS609 it only covers power train codes in the end it really depends what you paid and how good a clone it is..

" We're trying to plug a hole in the universe, what are you doing ?. "
(Walter Bishop Fringe TV show)

Last edit: 6 years 11 months ago by Andy.MacFadyen.

More
6 years 11 months ago #10094 by toadyboy1957
Im just a DIYER only paid 36 dollars for it and it says will work on array of vehicles and has graphing for live data as well just was wondering if anyone had used the tool before

More
6 years 11 months ago - 6 years 11 months ago #10095 by Andy.MacFadyen
As I said it really boils down to if it works or not, cloned knock offs are very hit or miss. The price you paid is the half going rate for a genuine Autel 519 product which has minor additional features. Even the 519. won't give you ABS diagnostics or Airbag. Coverage of ABS needs the 609 model and Airbag coverage starts with the 619

" We're trying to plug a hole in the universe, what are you doing ?. "
(Walter Bishop Fringe TV show)

Last edit: 6 years 11 months ago by Andy.MacFadyen.
The following user(s) said Thank You: toadyboy1957

More
6 years 11 months ago #10101 by toadyboy1957
if you all know of or hear of anyone elses experience wuth this scantool and have anything to say about it would you p,m or reply me thanks again DIYER 40 years gerald

Time to create page: 0.213 seconds