A place to discuss hardware/software and diagnostic procedures

Multimeter diode test

More
1 year 4 days ago #61281 by manelishi
Hi guys, off topic question about multi meters. Working on a kia soul 2014 and testing the + alternator to alternator case using diode settin , a newer ideal multimeter shows flow both ways. Double checked with craftsman to be sure and no + to case flow. Go figure discovered the fuse is blown in the craftsman. Question would be does it need the fuse in diode mode ? Stumped because it shows flow in the right direction . Don't want to throw an alternator at it without 2 meters saying it's bad in other words. One with bad fuse says its good and newer one says its bad. Thanks in advance, I know I should know this

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 4 days ago #61282 by Tyler
Replied by Tyler on topic Multimeter diode test
That's a good question. :huh: Honestly don't know that, either. If I get time to test one of my cars, I'll let you know.

More
1 year 4 days ago #61283 by juergen.scholl
The fuse(s) within a multimeter are rigged into the amp meter circuits (micro, mili and amp scale). The fuse location between ground and amp jacks is also shown in a schematic/diagram on the face of any multimeter I can remember. The fuse is not relevant within the diode test function.

An expert is someone who knows each time more on each time less, until he finally knows absolutely everything about absolutely nothing.

Time to create page: 0.205 seconds