A place to discuss hardware/software and diagnostic procedures

Snap on Verus Edge?

More
1 year 1 month ago #60528 by gnx547
Snap on Verus Edge? was created by gnx547
I'm looking to purchase a Snap on Verus. What's the difference between the regular Verus and the Verus Edge? Is there a big difference between the two? What features does the Verus Edge have that the regular Verus doesn't have? Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 1 month ago - 1 year 1 month ago #60538 by juergen.scholl
Replied by juergen.scholl on topic Snap on Verus Edge?
The very first generation features a hardwired dlc connection, later ones are wireless. While the edge comes with a SSD older Verus models may still come with a HD drive. Judged by todays standards these are painful slow to start.. but hey, they work.

The last update for the original Verus was 17.4 (I beliieve) while the Edge version was supported a couple of years more. Check the software the machine comes with as both are not updateable anymore, even if they don't come with the latest software that was available at some point in time.

With regards to functionality scope/scannerwise there are no differences to be expected other than those due to different software versions.

An expert is someone who knows each time more on each time less, until he finally knows absolutely everything about absolutely nothing.
Last edit: 1 year 1 month ago by juergen.scholl.

• Noah
  • Give code definitions with numbers!
More
1 year 1 month ago #60541 by Noah
Replied by Noah on topic Snap on Verus Edge?
Everything Juergen said, plus much better battery life on the Edge.
I started with a first gen Verus and now use an Edge. I would not be happy about going back, lol.

"Ground cannot be checked with a 10mm socket"

More
1 year 1 month ago #60611 by channelplus
Replied by channelplus on topic Snap on Verus Edge?
Thanks for the infos. i was going to buy a Verus D10 updated 20.2 for 1000$ today. , when we connect it to car it shows codes and a FIX IT botton but when we click fix it, it need to connect wifi and showing QR . dose it mean it need subscrition to use more? Snap on dose not support anymore.

• Noah
  • Give code definitions with numbers!
More
1 year 1 month ago #60614 by Noah
Replied by Noah on topic Snap on Verus Edge?
If you have current software and a Shop Key (Mitchell) subscription, the "Fix It" tab will bring you to the Shop Key website and bring up the relevant testing info for the code set. Which sounds really helpful on paper, but isn't stellar in practice. You're not missing anything by not being able to use the Fix It button. It wouldn't be a deal breaker in my book.

"Ground cannot be checked with a 10mm socket"

More
10 months 2 weeks ago - 10 months 2 weeks ago #61829 by gnx547
Replied by gnx547 on topic Snap on Verus Edge?
I bought a snap on verus with version 16.2. Do I need to use an attenuator when using the scope to check the primary/secondary circuit of an ignition coil?
Last edit: 10 months 2 weeks ago by gnx547.

More
10 months 2 weeks ago #61830 by juergen.scholl
Replied by juergen.scholl on topic Snap on Verus Edge?
The Verus' maximal input voltage is 400V, so you don't need an attenuator for primary voltage, injectors, solenoids etc.

Though secondary ignition is within several 10th of kV it is not measured directly. You do this with capacitive or inductive probes. Again, don't measure secondary voltage directly and then you do not need an attenuator.

An expert is someone who knows each time more on each time less, until he finally knows absolutely everything about absolutely nothing.

Time to create page: 0.223 seconds