A place to discuss hardware/software and diagnostic procedures

Autel maxisys ultra and snap amp clamp

More
1 year 3 months ago #59988 by bizz2222
Can I use my snap on amp clamp on a autel maxisys ultra I wanna use it to find a parasitic draw

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 3 months ago #59989 by Tyler
Which amp clamp do you have, specifically?

Yes, you can use just about any amp clamp with the Ultra. But, if the Snap-On clamp has banana jacks, then you'll need an adapter to connect it to the BNC ports on the Autel VCMI:

www.aeswave.com/AES-Flexible-Adapter-Ban...-BNC-Male-p8956.html

You'll also have to note the signal conversion on the Snap-On probe and set the scale on the Ultra accordingly. For example, the Snap-On EETA308A uses this ratio:

• Noah
  • Give code definitions with numbers!
More
1 year 3 months ago #59997 by Noah
You may not be successful using the clamp to find a draw if it is in the order of tens or hundreds of milliamps.

"Ground cannot be checked with a 10mm socket"

More
1 year 3 months ago #60000 by bizz2222
I have this same amp clam

More
1 year 3 months ago #60001 by bizz2222
Thank you here is a picture of a plug that came with the maxisys ultra this should work right ? And I have to use a Chanel on the j box not the multimeter Jack's right

More
1 year 3 months ago #60005 by juergen.scholl
The adapter cable will allow to connect your amp clamp to your scope.

You would plug into one channel of your scope module (this shouldn't be a j-box).

Keep in mind that the amp clamp will drift over time and the readings may not be accurate when recording longer periods and the battery may run low as well.. There are workarounds though.

You may consider a different method if you wanted to check for a draw for hours/overnight.

An expert is someone who knows each time more on each time less, until he finally knows absolutely everything about absolutely nothing.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bizz2222

Time to create page: 0.215 seconds