A place to discuss hardware/software and diagnostic procedures

Rocketbook

• Noah
  • Noah's Avatar Topic Author
  • Give code definitions with numbers!
More
1 year 3 months ago - 1 year 3 months ago #59648 by Noah
Rocketbook was created by Noah
This is a review of the Rocketbook Core notebook.

I fill notebooks with diag notes on the job. It helps keep me out of the weeds and it's nice to go back and see how I handled a problem when a similar case comes in. But it's a pain in the ass to flip through handwritten notes.
I tried typing out notes and saving them on a PC, but for me it's just not the same. Something about committing pen to paper helps the information settle in my brain.
So my wife got me a Rocketbook Core, an erasable paper notebook that with the free app transcribes my handwritten notes into a .docx as it automatically uploads to a dedicated file in my Google Drive. So now not only do I use one or two sheets of paper all day, I can also search my Work Notes folder for key words and bring up the notes I'm looking for.
It is intended for use with Pilot Frixion pens.
They give a very authentic paper writing feel, even though the pages are admittedly glossier than a traditional paper notebook.

Whatever you put between double hashtags automatically becomes the saved files name, which for me is HUGE. I never go back and rename files...
Just scan the pages with the app,
Then erase the page with the included, slightly moistened, microfiber cloth.
So far, I like it. My handwriting sucks, so the transcripts are hit or miss, but that's on me. Also, the highlighters that are supposed to work with the book end up erasing the text, so don't waste money on those, lol.
You can try it free by going to the Rocketbook web site, download the page templates for free and print them out (of course they won't be erasable), and download the app for free as well and give it a try.

"Ground cannot be checked with a 10mm socket"
Attachments:
Last edit: 1 year 3 months ago by Noah.
The following user(s) said Thank You: juergen.scholl

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 3 months ago #59651 by juergen.scholl
Replied by juergen.scholl on topic Rocketbook
That's interesting and I will look into it. Thank you!

An expert is someone who knows each time more on each time less, until he finally knows absolutely everything about absolutely nothing.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.206 seconds