A place to discuss hardware/software and diagnostic procedures

Key Programming Tool

More
6 years 10 months ago #9173 by DAB
Key Programming Tool was created by DAB
I would like to know if anybody has had any luck with any of the key programmers out on the internet. I have had two instances where I needed to program keys on a Lexus/Toyota with a Smart Key System. One customer lost there keys to there vehicle and the other customer needed a new Certification ECU to be programmed. Unfortunately I had to sublet the vehicles out to the local dealer, but would like to do this myself. I have a Solus Pro and a Mongoose to use the Toyota/Lexus platform to add keys, but not reprogram. To do this on the Toyota/Lexus platform you must have a Locksmith ID number. I have tried using a local Locksmith in the past, but the person created more issues for me and left me with having a bad experience. Not willing to use them again. Tried an SKP-900 Key Programmer, but it did not help me out either.
Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 10 months ago #9230 by Dylan
Replied by Dylan on topic Key Programming Tool
Guys is there any of you who can help David out here? Personally I can't. I use OEM :S
The following user(s) said Thank You: Noah

• Noah
  • Give code definitions with numbers!
More
6 years 10 months ago #9239 by Noah
Replied by Noah on topic Key Programming Tool
Sorry, we always call a mobile company for keys...

"Ground cannot be checked with a 10mm socket"

More
5 years 4 months ago #24298 by adammilne
Replied by adammilne on topic Key Programming Tool
Key programming if done by nearest locksmith is far better then get it done by any dealer as it can cost you far less as charged by the dealer.

More
5 years 4 months ago #24478 by jutinkatherne
Replied by jutinkatherne on topic Key Programming Tool
Locksmith can also do key cut and program but only those who have contacts with dealership. So first ask them about it and then choose them.

More
5 years 3 months ago #25450 by tuita
Replied by tuita on topic Key Programming Tool
why not get Autek IKey820 Universal Car Key Programmer real helpful

goo.gl/RnAQgi

More
5 years 2 months ago #25925 by fahead32
Replied by fahead32 on topic Key Programming Tool
It's really how many types of cars you want to program and far you want to venture into programming. If you are only interested in Toyota get Techstream or any tool like the Autel or Launch. There is no tool that is great at all makes of cars also the price factor can limit your selection

More
4 years 11 months ago - 3 years 10 months ago #28779 by MarinaGomez
Replied by MarinaGomez on topic Key Programming Tool
Some locksmith like bournemouth locksmith can program any type of car keys so and they can do it at cheap. So making use of such locksmith is vital.
Last edit: 3 years 10 months ago by Noah.

More
4 years 9 months ago #30387 by chasencai
Replied by chasencai on topic Key Programming Tool
As i know techstream tis can do some model key programming for Toyota/Lexus,but it is a DIY tool.If you are a locksmith,it is recommended you to buy OBDSTAR X300 DP Plus ,it can do many new vehicle models key programming,but it will cost about $1600.

So,if you just want to program keys,it is better that you ask local auto locksmith to do it.Save you time,time is money!

More
4 years 5 months ago #34287 by tuita
which keys have you use? I search online and found this Lonsdor FT01 Series Smart Key for Toyota/Lexus
www.chinacardiags.com/wholesale/lonsdor-...eries-smart-key.html
it's lonsdor brand

More
4 years 5 months ago #34527 by Gazmendhajra
Replied by Gazmendhajra on topic Key Programming Tool
there is a obdstarx100 pros I heard it does pull key codes and immobilizer security codes but I don't know if its 100% but planning on getting one myself.

More
4 years 4 months ago - 3 years 10 months ago #35028 by JustinWinslow
Replied by JustinWinslow on topic Key Programming Tool
You will see many locksmith providers on the internet that can program car keys but to choose the reliable one, seek suggestions from your friends and family. They will recommend the best and the cheap locksmith to program your car keys.

More
3 years 11 months ago - 3 years 10 months ago #39073 by JamesMichael
Replied by JamesMichael on topic Key Programming Tool
Not all the locksmith experts have programming tools. but auto locksmiths have those tools to program keys.

More
3 years 10 months ago #39704 by akin.deen
Replied by akin.deen on topic Key Programming Tool
Before now, when you have car problem, they say go to dealership.

Well, it is still that way. But with aftermarket guys, things have changed, in fact you get more reliable repairs with professional aftermarket techs, and thanks to the movement by Paul.

Now local locksmith are aftermarket guys, and anyone can. If you can provide such service where you are, then that's a plus. You must commit time to it.

Programming has much been big points for dealers, and that has changed. I understand time, but if it is what you want to do, then it is possible.

Toyota happens to be one of the easiest cars to program keys for, especially via obd.

Like you said, you own a techstream already. Well, that's all you need. Yes you can add keys, and you can do all key lost with the techstream. The only difference is, for all key lost reset, you are given a seed, which you will use to calculate a passkey.

A lot of platform offer this service for a token between 10 to 15usd

One is weboctopus.nl.

The lonsdor K518, Autel maxis 908 are great programming and key programming tool.

Key Programming is car Security, the information is not what you just stumble upon on Google. But there are loads of them and hands on training you can get.

To become more conversant if you are on a budget, you can get the x300 pro3, or x100 Pro2. They are key programmers, for adding keys and all key lost on a wide range of models

If you have any other specific questions, I will answer
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dtech494

More
3 years 7 months ago #42363 by tuita
For Toyota/Lexus/VW/BMW Key Programming and All Key Lost you must use this Xtool X100 PAD3 Plus Xtool KS-1 Key Emulator,my friend

Toyota Camry 2.5Q 2018 smart key All Key Lost programming

More
3 years 6 months ago #42796 by Dtnel
Replied by Dtnel on topic Key Programming Tool
Where's the video that was uploaded?

More
3 years 6 months ago #42797 by Dtnel

DAB wrote: I would like to know if anybody has had any luck with any of the key programmers out on the internet. I have had two instances where I needed to program keys on a Lexus/Toyota with a Smart Key System. One customer lost there keys to there vehicle and the other customer needed a new Certification ECU to be programmed. Unfortunately I had to sublet the vehicles out to the local dealer, but would like to do this myself. I have a Solus Pro and a Mongoose to use the Toyota/Lexus platform to add keys, but not reprogram. To do this on the Toyota/Lexus platform you must have a Locksmith ID number. I have tried using a local Locksmith in the past, but the person created more issues for me and left me with having a bad experience. Not willing to use them again. Tried an SKP-900 Key Programmer, but it did not help me out either.
Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Where are you located? There's alot of options out there. Just depends on how deep you want to get into it.
.talk with a few shops in your area and see who they use for programming, etc.

Give Carlos @AESwave.com a call. You may have to leave a message or speak with one of the other guys.

Do you have enough of this work around to keep one of your guys busy alot? IF so then maybe that's a path you could look at offering this type of service.

Check out the IM-608

Speak with Keith Perkins from L1 Automotive and Diagnostics as he does alot of keys he's got a nice setup last I saw and has his wife in the business now I think. He can take a picture with his phone and send it via Bluetooth to his Key Cutter.

To do this work go to Nastf.org I believe it is as they're a non-profit .

Also one needs to be bonded which you'll have to submit your certificate of liability insurance. This allows you to get key codes for cutting, programming, etc.

I will say I have a IM-608 and they constantly update the software almost weekly. Autel is very responsive.

They have scan tool guys in support, they have immobilizer support guys as well.
My suggestion is get ahold of Carlos and if he don't know it he can get the answer for you.

I had a issue with my IM-608 and emailed Carlos and within a hour I had a call from Autel. AES will support you even if the mfr has support as they want to help bridge that gap.

Check out flash performance on YouTube. Also Autel recently released a video of the IM-608 pro which is the former 608 with the kit.

I have the G-Box for pulling codes from Mercedes Benz on a all keys lost. Cuts the time in more than half. I did get the Toyota adapter as well and the tool alone from what I recall will support 98% of the North American market..

It's a little on the $3-4k side last I recall give or take but remember you've got to spend money to make money. IF you get into one make sure you're adsorbing information all the timeo, advertise the services and if you're doing it for customers by all means do it legally in regards to the bond as there's information that as a locksmith/programmer you have to retain by law. It's on the NASTF website.

There's alo a good thread where they talk about some of the bad actors. The article if on DN or as some call it Diagnostic Network.

What's the year make and model of vehicle you're trying to program for? I can look and see what options the tool can do for that specific vehicle.

More
3 years 6 months ago #42798 by Dtnel
Also depending on your state you may have to register as a locksmith. Some states require this and some don't.

You can private message me as well.

Time to create page: 0.267 seconds