A place to discuss hardware/software and diagnostic procedures

Launch X.431 Scanner How to?

More
1 year 5 months ago - 1 year 5 months ago #59079 by Judo64
Greetings all,

I have looked into the Internet and multiple discussion forum and accidentally found ScannerDanner's Website. I thought from his YouTube channel that he mentioned about selling his book on his website.

Launch X.431 Resources:
Anyway, if you have a Launch X.431 Bi-Directional Scanner, will you reply which resource(s) of information you use to expand and maximize your use of the Launch Scanner's capability. I understand that they provide limited functionality for each vehicle. My question is according to the vehicle coverage, the Launch Scanner can work on our vehicle, but does not state what functionality and/or where to operate that function.

Oscilloscope Expensive for DIY Home Mechanic:
I can not believe how expensive automotive troubleshooting has gotten since most newer vehicles are scanner/oscilloscope dependent to resolve the problem. Back in the pre-80's, we can work on a car with a test light, Chilton's Manual of your own vehicle(s) and knowledge from past experience, but we usually ended up changing the part(s). Now on YouTube I have watch countless technicians including ScannerDanner work on no crank/no-start condition or cranks/no-start condition on newer vehicles, but I can not resolve ours yet. I do not have an oscilloscope and can not afford it-- $1,500 - $6,000.. Same for AllData Website is expensive for a DIY mechanic at home. I am a DIY mechanic at home on a fixed budget.
Last edit: 1 year 5 months ago by Judo64. Reason: Added information

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.281 seconds