A place to discuss hardware/software and diagnostic procedures

Mode 6

More
7 years 3 days ago #9131 by jimdandy327
Mode 6 was created by jimdandy327
Hey is anybody using mode 6 data for diag. I see a lot of the Motor Age guy's using it and Bernie Thompson has a program for decoding the TID SID and MTDs but I'm wondering how effective it is in the real world of gotta get the car out now? I have seen Danner use misfire monitors on Ford but that is about all. We don't have any inspection laws here so there is not any need tor all the monitors to be ran so i have never had to use it. Just wondering if it will be worth buying a decoder program or not?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 3 days ago #9134 by ScannerDanner
Replied by ScannerDanner on topic Mode 6
I'll be honest, I still don't use it beyond Ford misfire, though I maybe should be using it more. I just found it not very useful in most applications.

Don't be a parts changer!

More
7 years 3 days ago - 7 years 3 days ago #9144 by Tyler
Replied by Tyler on topic Mode 6
I only use it occasionally outside of misfire tracking, usually on catalyst and EGR problems. The ATS E-Scan program would be fantastic to have, but I have a tough time justifying the cost. :-( Especially when I have access to Mitchell, and can use it to decode Mode $06 as needed.

To me, it's not really great for finding the problem, but making sure you fixed it. The monitor passed, but did it pass well? Or, did it just barely get by, and it's close to coding again?

Test-to-completion monitors are making that kind of testing even more difficult. :lol:
Last edit: 7 years 3 days ago by Tyler.

Time to create page: 0.207 seconds