A place to discuss hardware/software and diagnostic procedures

Forscan

More
1 year 5 months ago #58844 by woody367
Forscan was created by woody367
I am going to purchase The FORSCAN program for my laptop. Can anyone tell me the difference between these 2 cables beside the cost? Both are recommended by FORSSCAN. Any advice about this would be freat. Thank you

www.amazon.com/gp/product/B094Z7PBLS/ref...A304MQ7NLQC62N&psc=1

www.amazon.com/gp/product/B081VQVD3F/ref...A1C2436WDJ39HA&psc=1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 5 months ago #58858 by Matt T
Replied by Matt T on topic Forscan
The Vgate has FEPS support so it looks like the better choice for programming.

If you're not going to be programming a bluetooth VCI would be the better option. Having the laptop tethered to the DLC sucks. I use an OBDlink MX+. It works great but they've gotten kinda spendy. The Vgate FD+ looks good for the price. Or the MC+ also has SW-CAN support if you work on gms. Not sure if there are any apps available that'll access SW-CAN networks though??

More
1 year 5 months ago #58859 by woody367
Replied by woody367 on topic Forscan
I am not planning on programing but who know down the line. I do not care abbot a cable plugged in. I do have GM vehicle but not sure if the have a program like FORSCAN. I really would like the LAUNCH gear scan plus but don't have $500 for being a hobbyist.

More
1 year 5 months ago #58868 by Tyler
Replied by Tyler on topic Forscan
I own both of the cables you linked. Daily used the OBDLink for awhile, then switched to the Vgate a few months ago. I can't honestly tell a difference between them. :silly: Both work flawlessly. The Vgate might be a smidge faster during programming events? But it's splitting hairs. You can't go wrong either way, IMO.

Like Matt T said, the MX+ is also excellent. Only problem I have is leaving them in customer vehicles. :blush: It's harder to leave a USB one behind.

More
1 year 5 months ago #58870 by woody367
Replied by woody367 on topic Forscan
Thank you Tyler. I am just waiting to get my laptop to download Forscan.

More
1 year 5 months ago #58871 by juergen.scholl
Replied by juergen.scholl on topic Forscan

Only problem I have is leaving them in customer vehicles. :blush: It's harder to leave a USB one behind.

You may consider sing a SHORT OBD2 extension ....

www.amazon.com/PLAYOCCAR-extensi%C3%B3n-...mFtZT1zcF9tdGY&psc=1

An expert is someone who knows each time more on each time less, until he finally knows absolutely everything about absolutely nothing.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chad

More
1 year 5 months ago #58872 by Tyler
Replied by Tyler on topic Forscan

You may consider sing a SHORT OBD2 extension ....

www.amazon.com/PLAYOCCAR-extensi%C3%B3n-...mFtZT1zcF9tdGY&psc=1

This is a fantastic idea, Juergen. I'd say anyone considering buying a Bluetooth OBDII adapter should leave it coupled to one of these.

I thought about using the short OBD cable that came with my Launch Pro Mini in this way... AFTER I lost my MX+. :blush:

Time to create page: 0.211 seconds