A place to discuss hardware/software and diagnostic procedures

Thinkcar Platinum S10 Can Fd

More
1 year 8 months ago #57530 by juergen.scholl
Does anybody have some experience with this scantool and would share his/her thoughts, likes, dislikes about it.

THANK YOU!

An expert is someone who knows each time more on each time less, until he finally knows absolutely everything about absolutely nothing.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 8 months ago #57599 by Paul P.
I own aThinkcar Pros, judging from the product description, hardware specs are similar, and the splash screen looks the exact same.

In my experience, Launch, Top Don, Thinkcar are all basically the same stolen software the Chinese use to brand these tools.

Autel at least looks totally different, but also Chinese softwares.

The Thinktool is currently my goto tool. I like it better than my Autel, I'll probably never own an Autel again unless its the IM608 variety.

So what I have noticed with all these Cheaper Chinese tools is that some pids, not all, might not display correctly, or have values but the decimal is in the wrong place.

Actuation tests are good for the most part, but relearns seem to be hit and miss, whereas the factory tool gets it right everytime.

Pre-Post scans, Topology (shows modules vehicle has; good like Autel)

Recording is EXCELLENT, blows away Autel by lightyears. Graphing up to 14 Pids, with finger gesture scaling, and the ability to combine 4 Pids together.

These are feature-packed tools for what they cost. My thinktool came with 2 yr subscription, and it's $700(USD) year for renewal.

I like this tool over my Autel, that's for sure, it's way faster.

I was not disappointed when I first used this tool. As far as function/cost this is good.

Another thing, it is easy to select Pids you want to see when performing actuation tests (extremely useful).

This tool won't disappoint.

Never stop Learning.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Noah, Tyler, juergen.scholl

More
1 year 8 months ago #57600 by juergen.scholl
Thank you for the information . :)

An expert is someone who knows each time more on each time less, until he finally knows absolutely everything about absolutely nothing.

More
1 year 8 months ago #57657 by 70monte
I also have the Thinktool Pros and it's been a great tool so far. I was told at time of purchase that updates were only $399 a year. If it ends up being $700, I will just upgrade and buy the tool you are asking about.

Time to create page: 0.238 seconds