A place to discuss hardware/software and diagnostic procedures

MP808K vs MP808BT - any loss of functionality in Bluetooth version?

More
1 year 9 months ago #56777 by Pascal32
Hi folks, first post! I'm looking to upgrade my foxwell 530 to something faster. I'm servicing what feels to be an aging fleet of cars in our driveway which include BMW, Ram, Hyundai along with the usual friends and fam assortment of vehicles. From looking around I would like something that supports the Chrysler gateway (for next truck) and does bi-directional actuation (us this quite a bit). This has led me to Autel. I don't mind a high up front cost, however recurring SW costs drive me nuts. I would go with the 90x but the recurring SW updates it too much to offset the benefit. I will say Autel has made this really difficult....

that has led me to the MP808K and MP808BT

I would like the Bluetooth if it doesn't limit what I can do. Does anyone know if there is an loss of functionality in the Bluetooth version?

thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 9 months ago #56796 by Tyler
AFAIK, the Bluetooth version does not limit the functionality in any way that I've seen. The only downside that I can see would be that the BT version does not charge off the OBD port like the wired version would. Having the tool charge off the OBD port can be handy because, as long as you use the tool regularly, you never have to worry about charging it. :cheer: BT/Wireless versions need to get plugged into a charger occasionally.

I don't mind a high up front cost, however recurring SW costs drive me nuts. I would go with the 90x but the recurring SW updates it too much to offset the benefit. I will say Autel has made this really difficult....

As bad as it sounds, the 90X updates are actually pretty reasonable as far as aftermarket tools go. :silly: The 906 updates are especially reasonable, compared to the Ultra/919/909 series. Or Snap-On...

AESWave is running a 30% off special right now, if it helps:

www.aeswave.com/
The following user(s) said Thank You: Pascal32

More
1 year 9 months ago #56805 by Pascal32
thank you. I found out the MP is not a US version - looking at the 906pro at the moment. No SW costs yet, however if they fall in line with the other 9xx it should be manageable. thank you!

More
1 year 9 months ago #56806 by Tyler

thank you. I found out the MP is not a US version - looking at the 906pro at the moment.

The 906 Pro would be an excellent choice. B) A shop I used to work for had the TS version, and I was continually impressed by how much functionality it packs in for the price.

Time to create page: 0.203 seconds