04 Chev Tahoe 128k 4.8 4wd. Upstream Oxygen Sensor Brand Recommendations

More
4 years 7 months ago #33697 by Dtnel
What's the better brand of upstream O2 sensor to pickup? This time of night I have non GM available.

Bosch

NTK

DENSO ?

That's what Autozone has. I can wait till morning if GM is recommended?

Also should I replace both on the same side or just one as I've seen people split in other forums and saying to in some videos I've seen?

Just want something that'll go another 129k miles.

Also would me have put off doing the knock sensors been a cause or partial cause for the sensor to go out as I've been stalling on it a few months but I don't drive alot either. Just in town, on disability so I don't "leave to go to work daily" though I run other errands.

Also does O'Reilly Auto Parts have a better brand? I sometimes gate to admit it because of the way some people react but I generally buy OE Parts except things like parts that gates makes for GM such as water pumps, pulleys, etc. I get better warranty out of the gates parts as well, like a lifetime if it fails bring it back and we'll replace it lifetime regardless of if I have the receipt but now they can lookup my account history for my personal vehicles and other ones I work on as well.

Maybe it's because I buy 95% of my parts from them.

Any and all recommendations welcome.

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 7 months ago #33699 by Tsavory
I prefer to use OEM but if not available. I have not had much trouble out of Denso.

Yes holding off on replacing the knock could have had something to do with a bad 02. the knock will cause the system to retard and you don't get as clean of a burn.

I see no need to replace other 02 sensors though they don't fail very often. I actually hardly see a failed 02. Its usually something else that sets the codes

More
4 years 7 months ago - 4 years 7 months ago #33705 by Dtnel
"

Tsavory wrote: I prefer to use OEM but if not available. I have not had much trouble out of Denso.

Yes holding off on replacing the knock could have had something to do with a bad 02. the knock will cause the system to retard and you don't get as clean of a burn.

I see no need to replace other 02 sensors though they don't fail very often. I actually hardly see a failed 02. Its usually something else that sets the codes

"

Appreciate the reply. I know what I'll be doing between rain this weekend. I figured something was up as my fuel mileage has been down for awhile

Thanks for the reply. I'll snatch a ac delco when I go to the auto parts store in the A.M.

One thing was odd was I noticed Delphi so that makes me wonder was Delphi a OEM choice at time of production?

I'll see what I pull off but I doubt it'll show anything.
Last edit: 4 years 7 months ago by Dtnel. Reason: Edited....
The following user(s) said Thank You: wambura.s.kinyunyi

More
4 years 7 months ago #33757 by Tyler
You've probably already fixed it at this point. :silly: But I'd probably go NTK out of those options. Bosch O2's always seem to be slow out of the box. I've also had several applications when the sensor was physically longer than OE, and wouldn't fit as a result.

I sometimes gate to admit it because of the way some people react but I generally buy OE Parts except things like parts that gates makes for GM such as water pumps, pulleys, etc.

No shame there, sir. The same people that look at you sideways probably haven't experienced a bad brand new part... Yet.

I dunno that I've seen a connection between knock sensors and O2's? :huh: I've seen many of these trucks drive around forever with current knock sensor codes and not eat O2's. I think I'd be more interested in any sources of fuel control issues or oil/coolant consumption.

Should you replace the whole bank together? Eh, it's up to you. You could make the argument that if one failed, the others aren't far behind. But it's your truck, not a customers, so you're not leaving yourself open to 'comebacks' if the others also fail. This application isn't terribly sensitive to O2 performance, so I'm not worried if you want to do just one. Later GM V8's with cylinder balance monitoring would be a different story. ;)

Time to create page: 0.220 seconds