ScannerDanner Premium Customer Support (15 Mar 2019)

Please add This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. as a contact in your email system. I am having a very hard time communicating with some of you because my reply messages are ending up in your spam folder! So please check your spam folders too!

2000 ford windstar sel master window switch.

• Phopkins6344
  • Topic Author
More
12 May 2019 19:29 #29576 by Phopkins6344
2000 ford windstar sel master window switch. was created by Phopkins6344
Hi everyone. I'm new to the forum and have a question. I have a 2000 Ford Windstar sel. The driver window is stuck in the down position. I've isolated it to the master switch unit in the driver side arm rest. The switch that is there currently has three connector blocks on the bottom and all are in use. The problem is all the replacement switch units I'm finding online only have two connector blocks on the bottom. The one missing on the replacement switches is the middle connector block. What is it used for and hiw do i find a replacement with three connectors without getting skinned by a dealership?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Tyler
  • Letting the magic smoke out since 2011
More
12 May 2019 20:28 #29578 by Tyler
Hey Phopkins6344! FYI I moved your thread to the Auto Parts section. ;)

I dunno if it matters, but I figure your Windstar has the 3.8L engine. Mostly because I've never seen one with the 3.0L option.

RockAuto may have the answer on this one. :cheer: Two Motorcraft switches are listed - SW7138 for 'double' with two connectors, and SW7112 for 'multiple' and three connectors. Seems to have something to do with with the vehicle DOB, being before 5/13/2000 or after.

Looks like SW7112 is the ticket, but check the pictures to be sure. FWIW, I'd stick to the Motorcraft brand if at all possible. It's not that much more than SMP/Airtex/Whoever, and usually ends up lasting.

• Phopkins6344
  • Topic Author
More
12 May 2019 21:43 #29581 by Phopkins6344
Replied by Phopkins6344 on topic 2000 ford windstar sel master window switch.
Thank you for your prompt response. It's greatly appreciated.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to add attachements.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.525 seconds