Needing either a replacement GEM or to have mine refurbished/rebuilt

More
1 year 6 months ago #58171 by sbre
Hello all,

New member from Seattle just joined this site.
I have a '98 F150 4x4 4.6L with only 145k miles and is in really decent shape, except....It has one critical issue, the windshield wipers have stopped working!!
Also not working (but not nearly as important to me) are the cab light, cargo light and dinger that sounds when the driver door is open and the key is still in the ignition.
I am not a 'car person' but do have a mechanic that I trust explicitly.
We've checked all fuses and replays, he's replaced the Multi Function Switch (blinkers, Hi/Low beam and wiper controls) and the headlight control panel, all with no luck.
He pulled the GEM to inspect and clean and found no signs of burning or water damage, and tells me that it (GEM) needs to be replaced.
My mediocre internet searching capabilities have not produced an exact match (as I understand that I need) and I'm running out of options, thus am hoping someone here has a suggestion of where I can go to find a replacement or someone who refurbishes a customers unit, or???
Any and all info you can share would be greatly appreciated.
I love my truck and hate the thought of only being able to drive it when it's not raining!!!

AL

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 6 months ago #58175 by tiheso8080
Still interested?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

• Noah
  • Give code definitions with numbers!
More
1 year 6 months ago #58176 by Noah
Check on with your local salvage yard and on Car-part.com
It's like a national listing for salvage yards where you can search inventory for what you need.

"Ground cannot be checked with a 10mm socket"

Time to create page: 0.199 seconds