Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

BPW(ms) data PID meaning?!?

More
2 years 10 months ago #49301 by bigdaddy24
Hi all, I have searched high and low on the internet for the meaning of this data pids name, I have a 94 firebird lt1 and my snap on verus shows a left and right BPW(ms) data pid, the only acronym I can find is break pulse modulation but the pid kinda is similar to my rpm pid, anyone know what this means? obd1 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 10 months ago #49302 by AJeep18
Replied by AJeep18 on topic BPW(ms) data PID meaning?!?
Base Pulse Width (milliseconds)? 
GM: Base Pulse Width (BPW)Ideally, n = PV /RT and then injector pulse = n / injector flow constantGM introduce the concept of “Base Pulse Width” or BPW to reduce the “V” and “R” terms.  Basically, the BPW is how long the injectors need to be open in order to fill cylinders at 100% volumetric efficiency at a standardized temperature.  The BPW is then multiplied by the Volumetric Efficiency table (which is no longer a VE table in the ideal sense of the word) to determine fueling at different load and RPM conditions.  This is then modified further by coolant and intake air correction tables to account for temperature.  This cuts the number of math operations more or less in half.  The idea behind Speed-Density is being applied in a way that is less math-intensive.

More
2 years 10 months ago #49303 by AJeep18
Replied by AJeep18 on topic BPW(ms) data PID meaning?!?

Base Pulse Width (milliseconds)? 
GM: Base Pulse Width (BPW)Ideally, n = PV /RT and then injector pulse = n / injector flow constantGM introduce the concept of “Base Pulse Width” or BPW to reduce the “V” and “R” terms.  Basically, the BPW is how long the injectors need to be open in order to fill cylinders at 100% volumetric efficiency at a standardized temperature.  The BPW is then multiplied by the Volumetric Efficiency table (which is no longer a VE table in the ideal sense of the word) to determine fueling at different load and RPM conditions.  This is then modified further by coolant and intake air correction tables to account for temperature.  This cuts the number of math operations more or less in half.  The idea behind Speed-Density is being applied in a way that is less math-intensive.

support.moates.net/theory-pulsewidth-system/
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andy.MacFadyen

More
2 years 10 months ago - 2 years 10 months ago #49388 by Andy.MacFadyen
Great solid info A Jeep18 :-)

Moving topic to repairs section

" We're trying to plug a hole in the universe, what are you doing ?. "
(Walter Bishop Fringe TV show)

Last edit: 2 years 10 months ago by Andy.MacFadyen.

More
2 years 10 months ago #49389 by Andy.MacFadyen
Welcome to the Forum bigdaddy24 good to have you here.
Moving your question to repairs section.

" We're trying to plug a hole in the universe, what are you doing ?. "
(Walter Bishop Fringe TV show)

More
2 years 10 months ago #49394 by bigdaddy24
Thank you so much for the info! Can't believe I couldn't put 2 and 2 together, thank you for moving!

Time to create page: 0.192 seconds