Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

2005 ford expedition no start

More
3 years 5 months ago #44175 by markg123
2005 ford expedition no start history year ago fuel pump driver was bad and replaced 6 mouths ago bank two cam sensor replaced ran fine 1 month ago bank two cam sensor code again replaced wire connector at sensor did not fix code came back in 10 miles now no start has inj pulse has 12 volts and ground pulse at the 3 coil I checked fuel pressure at 40 psi when key turned on then drops to near 0 did bypass on fuel pump driver fuel pressure goes to 75 psi and stay at 75 psi when trying to start but no start pulled cam sensor on bank two drivers side put small wire in hole seem cam is turning has no codes check engine light goes out when turning engine over

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 5 months ago #44196 by Hardtopdr2
What size is the engine ? 5.4? The cam phasers have known issues with sticking return springs also debris in oil feed holes to solinoids can cause a reoccuring code. So make sure you clean out or observe steady flow from oil passages to solinoid while cranking engine.

More
3 years 5 months ago #44220 by markg123
this a 5.4 liter it will not start has spark has fuel pressur and inj pulse will not start

More
3 years 5 months ago #44302 by Hardtopdr2
I would seriously look at the cam phasers (bolted to front of camshafts) on both banks and camshafts. Twist them by hand they should not move. If they do then the return spring is broken causing timing to be off. Otherwise have you done a compression test? This will tell if timing chain has jumped. Also did u check your 5 v ref to sensors ro see if it is shorted to ground?

More
3 years 5 months ago #44304 by markg123
thank you for your response. was I trying every thing i can before removing valve cover. how should I test the 5v reference ground. I can see the tac move when cranking not sure if this accurate test for 5v reference test

More
3 years 5 months ago #44305 by Hardtopdr2
Pick a sensor (tps, map, maf, iat) whichever is easiest to get to and backprobe each wire while connector is plugged in 1 of the wires will read 4.5-5 volts, one wire will read .2-0.0 volts and the last wire typically middle wire will be a signal wire which should read between 0.5 and 4.5 volts. After taking and writing down readings disconnect connector then check eack one again. Only one wire should have ~4.5-5 volts.

Time to create page: 0.248 seconds