A place for things that don't fit into the automotive world

Is there money to be made...

More
4 years 1 month ago - 4 years 1 month ago #38095 by Potanist
Hey guys

Just was wondering if there is money to be made just diagnosing cars and not fixing them and pass the work onto a younger mechanic... Lol. I have to say that ScannerDanner has fun troubleshooting on the location. I wanna be that guy having fun again.

Just a thought

HEY I JUST REALIZED I MAY HAVE POSTED TO THE WRONG SPOT... MY APOLOGIES
Last edit: 4 years 1 month ago by Potanist.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 1 month ago #38102 by Dylan
Replied by Dylan on topic Is there money to be made...
No problem. Moved your post ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Potanist

More
4 years 1 month ago #38141 by Tutti57
If you can sell yourself and have enough customers, yes. Paul does it. I can't remember how much he charges but if you have enough people, it could be done.

Nissan Technician
The following user(s) said Thank You: Potanist

More
4 years 3 weeks ago #38663 by Potanist
Uug, I have to become a salesman again? I used to sell door to door accident insurance. It was rough but I did it... learned a lot from it too. I need to get all this down and swallowed plus get into the paid part of this site. BUT that truck of mine Holy Crap!!! What I learned from that truck is things/fixes seem good till the fuel trims say that it's not.

More
3 months 3 weeks ago #63984 by johnyddddid
It's an interesting thought! Diagnosing cars without doing the actual repairs can be a viable business if you have the right skills and equipment. ScannerDanner sure makes it look fun, right?

More
2 months 4 weeks ago #64299 by shootingchimp
Short answer is yes plenty to be made. I am in the UK and my business model is very similar to Pauls. I only work for garages, so the only repairs I do are almost always wiring/harness issues. Anything else the shop will do themselves. As firstly I don't want to do it, and secondly they wouldn't want to pay my hourly rate either.

Time to create page: 0.221 seconds