A place to discuss hardware/software and diagnostic procedures

Re: versus pro w/19.4.

More
4 years 5 months ago #34693 by avmm760
I am planning to buy a versus pro today. It has 19.4 with the software for domestic, Asian and European. It has the Bluetooth and a/c cable, but I bileive that’s all. I see kits with connectors w/keys separately for Asian and European. Are those needed, as I’m new to the newer equipment. Also, I have an old snap on mt2500 with cartridges to 2000 year with all the connectors and keys for domestic and Asian (obd1/2). Are any of these necessary or useable on the versus pro since it has the Bluetooth connector and says coverage goes back to the 1980’s. However I don’t see how it could without any connectors. I am assumiming the Bluetooth connector is for obd2. This is on eBay which is why I am going based on what I see. Thanks for any help. It’s Saturday 11/2 today

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 5 months ago #34695 by Chad
Replied by Chad on topic Re: versus pro w/19.4.
To connect to Pre-OBD-II vehicles, you will need the older connector AND adapter DA-5 to connect them to the bluetooth module.

"Knowledge is a weapon. Arm yourself, well, before going to do battle."
"Understanding a question is half an answer."

I have learned more by being wrong, than I have by being right. :-)
Attachments:

More
4 years 5 months ago #34696 by Chad
Replied by Chad on topic Re: versus pro w/19.4.
You will not need the "keys" with OBD-II vehicles. The first generation Verus required them, but the Pro version, with the bluetooth adapter does not require them.

"Knowledge is a weapon. Arm yourself, well, before going to do battle."
"Understanding a question is half an answer."

I have learned more by being wrong, than I have by being right. :-)

More
4 years 5 months ago #34697 by avmm760
Replied by avmm760 on topic Re: versus pro w/19.4.
Thanks chad for your quick response. Tell Paul Danner for me, that I appreciate this site and training program so much. The Lord has used it and him to greatly increase my knowledge which increase’s daily. I will definitely be a subscriber on a permanent basis. I appreciate the fact that he adds video’s weekly. Thanks again, Mark

Time to create page: 0.194 seconds