Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

P0017 crank and bank 1 exhaust cam correlation problem

More
4 years 9 months ago #31954 by Blessie@123
Hello fellow Technician,

I’m in need for good known crank and cam bank 1 and bank 2 waveform signal as per 2010 chevy equinox 3.0lts. Trouble code is P0017 crank and bank 1 exhaust cam correlation problem. No pronounce sounds of chain being heard. It idles normal and it drives normal, power is there. I have moved the VVT solenoid from bank 1 to bank 2 and right away as soon as u start u see a trouble code in the memory, it takes a few drive cycles before CEL appears on the dash. Now i understand that there is a bulletin for Crank reluctor possible might have move, but it mentions there should be two or more codes relating to that issue must be in the memory. In my case it is only P0017 crank and exhaust cam correlation code. I’m thinking either have timing chain issue or that particular Phaser on bank 1 exhaust cam. Now my next step i’m thinking is get a cam and crank signals waveform and compare them with Good known one that some of you might have. So asking my fellow techincians, if u could help me out with this, that would be greatly appreciated. U can also email it to peejaysantin@gmail.com. Thank u guys so much for help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 9 months ago #31961 by Andy.MacFadyen
Hi moving this to the Repair Help section where it will get more attention.

" We're trying to plug a hole in the universe, what are you doing ?. "
(Walter Bishop Fringe TV show)

More
4 years 9 months ago #31964 by Cheryl
We obviously know the timing is off. So have you checked your scanner for camshaft variance on that bank? Ideally you want to see 0 degrees for the variance. After that I’d try the cam shaft test with the scanner to see if the phaser actually moves. That’s if you have a bidirectional scantool

Time to create page: 0.182 seconds