Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

2012 Kia Optima P0711

More
5 years 4 months ago #25409 by Fricchione
Trying to find out if anyone has experienced this malfunction code. I know it refers to the transmission temp sensor and there is a TSB on 2011 models just trying to find info out for my daughter who lives out of state. Im in NY shes in Virginia and any assistance would be appreciated. Thanks much in advance. My Email is ajfricchione@optonline.net

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 4 months ago - 5 years 4 months ago #25411 by Andy.MacFadyen
I think this a JATCO transmission. The code indicates a sensor circuit fault while it could be the external wiring to the transmission experience with JATCO transmisions makes me suspect the sensor itself. A reistance check the fault. might well be enough to confirm the fault. As the sensor is internal on JATCO transmissions and as the transmission sump (oil pan) would have to be dropped to change the sensor.

" We're trying to plug a hole in the universe, what are you doing ?. "
(Walter Bishop Fringe TV show)

Last edit: 5 years 4 months ago by Andy.MacFadyen.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Fricchione

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.202 seconds