chapter on fuel pump circuitry major discovery about toyota corolla 2000

More
5 years 4 months ago - 5 years 4 months ago #25406 by andrameda271
This chapter explains, what I have been looking for for the last three months.

The Toyota corolla 2000, fuel pump has mystified me; because I could not find a fuel shut-off switch nor inertia switch; looked at wire diagrams and even called the parts man at the Toyota dealerships it does not exist; no location; no proper classification either, until, I saw your class video on fuel pump circuitry.

The corolla 2000 does have a fuel shut off switch; you identify it, as the VAF sensor; however you never show its location perhaps because this chapter is a quick introduction to the many types of fuel pumps.

Vehicle air flow sensor when I look it up is called the mass air flow sensor it further confuses me on how does it shut fuel down.

I have not bought the book yet perhaps because its missing bits of information and it seems to be incomplete a miss perception because I only look at your class lecture however I may not see the end of the chapters.

This VAF sensor shut the car down leaving 3 fuses without power pointing to a kill switch and anti-theft modes by ecm, when you told the world globally stating it is the VAF SENSOR; THIS WAS AN AWESOME DISCOVERY FOR ME; yet, no one, in the forum learned this yet; it seems the answers are withheld or not given so easily or limited to inexperience; so I question is everyone and myself busy sorting out half truths, missing bites of important information, the forum being the place to sort it out, its chaotic and everyone is very kind to even respond with busy lives and responsibilities.

I would like you to say in your videos, this is only page 110 there are 6 pages to look at and where to find the VAF sensor and what the abbreviation means by name. This would have helped me learn without confusion and without language mis labels, incomplete names being lost in translation hampering absorption mentally; here is my understanding about learning and my experience watching thousands of videos during my long drawn out unresolved issues with corolla's 2000, VAF SHUT-OFF SWITCH, especially, when the world is telling me it does not exist; a quoted adage, that is very nurturing to me," tell me and I will forget; show me and I will remember; involve me and I will learn" this explains my willing participation with young apprentices and advance techs, who may sympathize with my pain to try to learn what was designed by another who is not so generous to reveal technical secrets, even to more advance techs/mechanics and the baby following your path to mastery.

I will eventually buy your book hard cover and the solid state ebook too because you are the only professor that has given the gate way of teaching this complex ever changing circuit designs to the working men of this country its a higher league.

Can I pass the ASE national examines, just reading and studying and watching your videos, without physically being inside a class room at a college? I have all the textbooks at home, if I see your class videos is that like being in your classroom in real time to get certification through you; through virtual class time with you Scanner Danner? some how I did feel you where answering my questions by new videos that spoke about my situation indirectly, thank the god within you and human you.

Love n Peace,
Alexander Gonzalez.

To be or not to be: do be do be doo!
Last edit: 5 years 4 months ago by andrameda271.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Noah
  • Give code definitions with numbers!
More
5 years 4 months ago #25464 by Noah
Hey Alexander!
Happy Holidays :)
I just wanted to take a moment to kind of expand on the function of the VAF meter and it's relationship to the fuel system.

To anyone following along, this is the the link to the premium video Chapter 15, Part 1: fuel pump circuit designs.

The part that pertains to the the VAF is about 3/4 of the way to the end.

www.scannerdanner.com/scannerdanner-prem...circuits-part-1.html

At this point in the lecture, Scanner Danner has the fuel pump relay circuit mapped out for us.
Power for the load side relay switch contract and control side are fed to the relay from the ignition switch.
In the crank position, the relay becomes energized by a secondary control coil in the relay. This in turn activates the fuel pump.
Once the engine is running, naturally the operator will cease to crank the engine, thus de-activating the control side of the fuel pump relay.
The load contacts of the relay will remain closed once the engine is running thanks to a switch in the VAF meter. The incoming air in this design, pushes a door inside the Vane Air Flow Meter in proportion to the amount of air entering the engine. With the engine now running, the door also closes a switch which grounds the control side of the fuel pump relay.
So you can see how if the engine were to stall, the fuel pump relay would be shut off halting the delivery of fuel.

This system is no longer in use.
Your 2000 Corolla has a MAF (mass air flow) sensor, not a VAF (Vane air flow) meter.

This means that the engine control module will supply the control for the fuel pump relay when certain conditions are met.
That is generally when you first turn the key on to prime the system (although Toyota may not do this) and when the computer receives a signal from the crank sensor.

There is a world of information here to learn, and I'm far from mastering it all, so don't be discouraged brother.

I hope my explanation makes sense :) (and is mostly correct, lol)

"Ground cannot be checked with a 10mm socket"
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: andrameda271

More
5 years 3 months ago #25549 by andrameda271
Hello Mr. Noah,

Wow, is this in Pauls book in chapter 15?

If it is, I am just getting an outline but not the full function lesson on VAf sensor. I need to do more supplemental reading on my own and source out further lessons.

I want to thank you Noah for educating me very grateful to you and for the diagram of vaf senor circuit.

Somethings are sinking into the recognition screen of the mind. I have repeatedly watch Paul's class lessons.

I recently busted through the anti-theft circuit regaining crank back. It now cranking in neutral not park.

Re-checked TPS sensor it looks like its shorted up signal wire reads 12v; grd reads 00; 5vref reads 00 however when I placed the ohm meter on it with connector disconnected it gave me 5 volts nice.

I had to go back to Pauls lesson to connect my meter to the signal wire and grnd to test moving throttle flap to measure its increase voltage slowly to wide open position, I have not done yet.

Then Pauls is saying if there is a short to grnd, no ref; then i need to jump signal wire to grnd if the 5v ref comes back throttle sensor is good, if it does not then throttle is shorted. I had purchase 10 5000 ohms resisters to perform this test and can't find them.

A new symptom arose the brake pedal sinks to floor no pressure; the brake light switch above the pedal activate brake lights. there brake fluid in reservoir; no leaks behind wheels; this is a master cylinder replacement to restore vacuum pressure. It seems this is affecting a no start in park side of neutral safety switch because it use to crank in park.

The Toyota Corolla 2000 is my learning car it is teaching and talking back to me Noah.

Paul's book is awesome without Paul's lectures I could know focus and use it. To the more advance guys you got two wings to fly with and I only have one small wing of effort the other wing is grace n flow, I hope to fly too.

Noah thank you for educating me and setting guiding me from the abyss of outer space to earth ground control. Its really fun to learn and the forum does help.

By the way A Toyota mechanic in Las Vegas gave me the deactivation cycles for the anti theft module. It worked after repeating it 20 x. that is how the starter relay control side was reactivated by the ecm only in neutral not park.

Peace and serenity good-fellows,
Alexander Gonzalez.

To be or not to be: do be do be doo!

• Noah
  • Give code definitions with numbers!
More
5 years 3 months ago #25605 by Noah
The more you watch the lectures and case studies, the more it sinks in.
I've probably gone through the whole class via Scanner Danner Premium
Three or four times.
Once you start getting hands on like you are doing with the Toyota and watching the classes and following with the book, things just start to click.
Plus you've got an excellent resource in this forum where you never have to be afraid to ask questions or work out a theory. Everyone here is here to learn or help out both.
If you're a premium member, go back and watch the video I linked in for you and take notes (I write right on the pages of my paper book).
Then, one day when you're working on a fuel pump circuit and you get a little in weeds, you'll have a guide to get you back on the path :)
I've offered every mechanic I know to borrow my Engine Performance Diagnostics book, and the only one who did never gave it back, lol. I had to get another one ;)

"Ground cannot be checked with a 10mm socket"
The following user(s) said Thank You: ScannerDanner

Time to create page: 0.204 seconds