Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

toyota corolla 2000 4cyl; automatic; no start; no crank; no prime fuel pump

More
5 years 4 months ago - 5 years 4 months ago #24692 by andrameda271
Hello good fellows,
After checking the cam sensor, back probing its 2 wires, a white and black, on Toyota corolla 2000, reading .o1 volts on both wires, unplugged, it pulled down to 00 on both wires. plugged it back with key off, then on again same reading .01 on both no 5 volt reference. cam is back probed and plugged in, unplugged crank no change; unplugged throttle sensor no change; unplugged mass air flow no change. IAc sensor was unplugged 4.95 ref. and mass air flow sensor.

Test light was placed on battery pos, the test light lit on the white wire camshaft sensor it was the ground wire ; on blk wire it did not light up this maybe my ref wire; did i short out my ref wire with test light to positive when I tapped it?. It used to crank; now there is no crank, after tapping blk wire, its a no start.

crank sensor, blk wire reads .05v mili volts it did not read 5.0v ref; red wire read 7.5 v its very confusing to me; is my blk wire the ref 5.voltage or my grd? if red wire is my grd then its reading high, not .100 milli volts' if red wire is my ref why is it reading 7.5 volts? Is red wire the ground?

Respectfully,
AG

To be or not to be: do be do be doo!
Last edit: 5 years 4 months ago by andrameda271. Reason: mixed wire colors

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 4 months ago #24702 by Dylan
Moved your topic to the repair section ;)

More
5 years 4 months ago #24709 by KHarris

After checking the cam sensor back probing its 2 wires, a white and black, on Toyota corolla 2000, reading .o1 volts on both wires, when it was unplugged it pulled down to 00 nothing happened when unplugging crank, tps and mass air flow sensor.

You're mistaking the cam sensor as using a 5V ref, it does not. I am looking at wiring diagram and it's drawn as a solenoid with both wires going to PCM. It must be a VRS sensor, meaning it makes it's own voltage when the cam gear is moving. The same for the crank sensor.

The 5V ref wire is yellow. Do you have 5V ref at the TPS?

More
5 years 4 months ago #24710 by andrameda271
Hello good fellows,
After checking the cam sensor, back probing its 2 wires, a white and black, on Toyota corolla 2000, reading .o1 volts on both wires, unplugged, it pulled down to 00 on both wires. plugged it back with key off, then on again same reading .01 on both no 5 volt reference. cam is back probed and plugged in, unplugged crank no change; unplugged throttle sensor no change; unplugged mass air flow no change. IAc sensor was unplugged 4.95 ref. and mass air flow sensor.

Test light was placed on battery pos, the test light lit on the white wire camshaft sensor it was the ground wire ; on blk wire it did not light up this maybe my ref wire; did i short out my ref wire with test light to positive when I tapped it?. It used to crank; now there is no crank, after tapping blk wire, its a no start.

crank sensor, blk wire reads .05v mili volts it did not read 5.0v ref; red wire read 7.5 v its very confusing to me; is my blk wire the ref 5.voltage or my grd? if red wire is my grd then its reading high, not .100 milli volts' if red wire is my ref why is it reading 7.5 volts? Is red wire the ground?

Respectfully,
AG

More
5 years 4 months ago - 5 years 4 months ago #24711 by KHarris

Here is wiring diagram of cam and crank.
Attachments:
Last edit: 5 years 4 months ago by KHarris.

More
5 years 4 months ago #24712 by andrameda271
hello than ks for your response,

i did not back probe the tps. After tapping the cam wires with test light thinking of bypass it stopped cranking i may have damage computer hope not. I really appreciate your observations.

More
5 years 4 months ago #24713 by juergen.scholl
If the cam sensor is a 2 wire sensor then it is a variable reluctance sensor (VR ). VR sensors don't feature a reference voltage, they should produce an A/C voltage signal while turning the engine over. You might have a bias voltage on the wires to confirm circuit integrity ( may be the case with your ckp sensor).

On this car the operating of the starter is not related to the ckp signal... if the starter does not spin then you have another issue.

Do you have 5 volts reference at the sensors, does the pcm comunĂ­cate?

An expert is someone who knows each time more on each time less, until he finally knows absolutely everything about absolutely nothing.

More
5 years 4 months ago #24714 by andrameda271
wow, thanks for wire diagram very happy and surprised.

More
5 years 4 months ago #24715 by andrameda271
the idle air control reads 4.96; maf sensor reads 2.5; egr sensor reads 2.1; i can't remeber the throttle readings

Time to create page: 0.202 seconds