Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

Howdy from a New Guy Jeep help needed

More
5 years 8 months ago #22960 by Car Enthusiast
Hey guys, found this site from ScannerDanner's youtube channel trying to figure out my Jeep. Just put a 4.0 stroked to 4.6 and I am getting four codes, P0300, P0304, P0306, and P0740. Replaced the o2s, crank, cam and a few other sensors along with new injectors and spark plugs. Don't really know where to go from here along with the diagnosing route if you all could guide this young Padawan.

Truck drives alright but has a noticeable miss is about all I can feel.

Here is a picture of the old girl. I am just trying to keep it pretty and on the road while beating on it offroad

[IMG
[IMG

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 8 months ago #22966 by Ben
The p030x codes are related to engine missfire the first thing to do is verify engine compression and vacuum. For compression we don't care about the exact number just that they are all even. When checking engine vacuum were looking for a steady needle not jumping . The p0740 is a transmission code relating to the torque converter

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

More
5 years 8 months ago #22972 by Andy.MacFadyen
First of all welcome good to have you here I will move the thread into then problems section where it will get more attention. It would help if you gave a few more details --- eg model year as Jeep made quite a few significant changes over the years.

" We're trying to plug a hole in the universe, what are you doing ?. "
(Walter Bishop Fringe TV show)

More
5 years 8 months ago #22986 by Car Enthusiast
Sorry, my bad. It is a 2001 Cherokee Classic

Time to create page: 0.247 seconds