Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

problems

More
6 years 7 months ago #13080 by kingsaltine502
problems was created by kingsaltine502
i have a 1985 chevy monte carlo with a 4.3 it has power to the pump relay but some were from the relay to the pump there is no power i put a new relay on it still the same . if i unplug the pump and test at the pump there is no power at the pump plug

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 7 months ago - 6 years 7 months ago #13090 by Dylan
Replied by Dylan on topic problems
Moved your topic to the repair section. You'll get help over here ;)

You're not that far away from the problem if it's between relay and pump... Maybe a wiring diagram would help you to visualize (me included) the circuit and do your measurements. So if I'm correct powers and ground at relay are good? Control side and load side.
Last edit: 6 years 7 months ago by Dylan.

More
6 years 7 months ago #13091 by kingsaltine502
Replied by kingsaltine502 on topic problems
sorry im trying to figure this out

More
6 years 7 months ago #13092 by kingsaltine502
Replied by kingsaltine502 on topic problems
and yes it has power on both sides and i have a diagram but from what i see there is nothing between the relay and the pump from what i can tell

More
6 years 7 months ago - 6 years 7 months ago #13112 by Andy.MacFadyen
Replied by Andy.MacFadyen on topic problems
You should look at the "Ugly Cobalt" video on ScannerDanner Premium --- if you don't have a Premium subscription sign up for the free trial.

" We're trying to plug a hole in the universe, what are you doing ?. "
(Walter Bishop Fringe TV show)

Last edit: 6 years 7 months ago by Andy.MacFadyen.

More
6 years 7 months ago #13122 by Tyler
Replied by Tyler on topic problems
For my info, I looked up the wiring diagram. I can't find the 1985, so I'm hoping the '86 diagram is the same.

I'm seeing a few connectors between the relay and pump on the Monte, but can't say where these connectors live, exactly. :unsure: Finding connector locations on older models like this is always tough.

If it comes down to it, you can find the Tan wire as close to the tank as possible that still has power on it (from the relay) and run a new wire to the pump. It's not ideal, but it'll work. ;-)
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.260 seconds