New Videos list, website suggestions and requests and upgrades

More
5 years 10 months ago #20708 by ScannerDanner
Just wondering what you guys think of the New Videos list we've begun working on?
Secondly I would like to publicly thank my web designer Wyatt for all of the work he has put into this site over the past few years. Wyatt and I will be parting ways and I wish him all the best, he has been a great asset to ScannerDanner and this community. That being said, I am opening a new chapter for this website. I've hired a personal friend of mine who will be taking over things and also acting as a consultant and adviser. His name is Luke and he is going to fill this much needed roll for me.
So I want to hear from you guys about what you like and do not like about the website as it sits now. I have my own thoughts on this but want to here from you first.
We do not plan on a complete overhaul as of yet but will be working particularly on making ScannerDanner Premium as streamlined and user friendly as possible.
Please do not hesitate to comment. Anything and everything will be valuable to us moving forward. I want you guys to know that I am listening to you and will continue to do so.
Thank you all so much!
Paul

Don't be a parts changer!
The following user(s) said Thank You: spaztic3, aboudi.naddaf

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Noah
  • Give code definitions with numbers!
More
5 years 10 months ago #20716 by Noah
It's nice to have the most recent content in chronological order :)

I would like for there to be a flag or some other marker to indicate which posts I've already replied to.

Still really hoping there's a way with can add the function to change the play back speed of the video player.
I really liked being able to watch twice as many class room lectures in an evening by selecting 2x speed in YouTube.

Also, like others have mentioned recently, the ability for users to edit their posts.

Other than that, I'm happy with the over all format that you've got going on here.
I am interested to see what other people think as well.

"Ground cannot be checked with a 10mm socket"
The following user(s) said Thank You: aboudi.naddaf

More
5 years 10 months ago #20719 by ScannerDanner
A flag, got it. I believe there is a way to add the different playback speeds. Check on that too.

You've been able to edit your comments on SDP for a few weeks now but if you're not paying attention to the weird symbol you'll miss it. Something we can also look into improving.
Thanks! Keep them coming.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Noah, aboudi.naddaf

More
5 years 10 months ago - 5 years 10 months ago #20725 by rockp2

ScannerDanner wrote: A flag, got it. I believe there is a way to add the different playback speeds. Check on that too.

You've been able to edit your comments on SDP for a few weeks now but if you're not paying attention to the weird symbol you'll miss it. Something we can also look into improving.

Hey Paul, I think he is referring to editing the posts on this forum. Once someone has responded to your post (non-administrator/moderator), you don't appear to have the ability to edit your post.
Last edit: 5 years 10 months ago by rockp2.

More
5 years 10 months ago #20729 by Dylan

rockp2 wrote:

ScannerDanner wrote: A flag, got it. I believe there is a way to add the different playback speeds. Check on that too.

Hey Paul, I think he is referring to editing the posts on this forum. Once someone has responded to your post (non-administrator/moderator), you don't appear to have the ability to edit your post.

Yes indeed this is still a problem on the forum. Only admins and mods can edit posts.

More
5 years 10 months ago #20731 by rockp2

Dylan wrote:

rockp2 wrote:

Yes indeed this is still a problem on the forum. Only admins and mods can edit posts.

We used to be able to a few months ago.

More
5 years 10 months ago #20749 by rockp2
Paul, I have two other suggestions (though I overall love the site):

1. There seems to be a time limit when you draft a response to a post. You'll get your well thought out response drafted and then when you hit the "Submit" button, the response disappears. You've lost everything you just spent quite a few minutes thinking out and drafting. I don't know what the time limit is, but I wish that would just go away. I've never had that problem before on forums.

2. Can we get a direct link inn the menu bar to the ebook? Unless I am missing something I have to navigate thru "Buy the Book" links to finally click on the ebook link for current "owners".

Thanks much for all you do.

More
5 years 10 months ago #20753 by rockp2
EDIT: Disregard the first request. I just noticed that if you hit "Quick Reply" your original draft pops up and you just have to submit a second time.

• Noah
More
5 years 10 months ago #20793 by Noah

rockp2 wrote: EDIT: Disregard the first request. I just noticed that if you hit "Quick Reply" your original draft pops up and you just have to submit a second time.

If I spend a long time in a response because I'm checking diagrams or videos I copy my work before hitting submit just in case.
The time out thing can be annoying but it's workable.

More
5 years 9 months ago #21310 by ScannerDanner
Please say hello to my friend Luke who is my new web master and personal friend. He will be monitoring this thread for suggestions. Also, keep them coming please! We are listening. Thank you!

• Noah
More
5 years 9 months ago #21319 by Noah
Welcome aboard Luke :)
Paul has had nothing but good words in your regard. I'm looking forward to working with you, and I'm sure the rest of the moderators and members are as well.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Andy.MacFadyen, aboudi.naddaf

More
5 years 9 months ago #21341 by Andy.MacFadyen
We put Noah

" We're trying to plug a hole in the universe, what are you doing ?. "
(Walter Bishop Fringe TV show)

More
5 years 9 months ago #21353 by Dylan
Nice to have you here Luke. Welcome!

More
5 years 5 months ago #23696 by ShaoLin68
Thank you for coming aboard Luke.. I cant wait to see the site improvements as they are being made.. The current site is great, but everything must evolve to improve.. We are the same way as humans..

More
5 years 5 months ago #24216 by ecwurban
Hey. I imagine this has probably been suggested. What I'd like to see is for the listing of videos. You click on a category and it takes you to a page with all the videos under that category. You can see all the titles. It would be really nice to have a date of when the video was published at the start of the title. It's hard to tell which videos you've seen before. Especially when you're just looking for something to watch for your tv-dinner :D

More
5 years 5 months ago #24257 by ScannerDanner

ecwurban wrote: Hey. I imagine this has probably been suggested. What I'd like to see is for the listing of videos. You click on a category and it takes you to a page with all the videos under that category. You can see all the titles. It would be really nice to have a date of when the video was published at the start of the title. It's hard to tell which videos you've seen before. Especially when you're just looking for something to watch for your tv-dinner :D

Right now the only dated videos are the new ones uploaded since SD Premium moved away from YouTube. So October 2017 thru now.
We will be working on dating the 300 videos moved over from YouTube eventually. Sorry this hasn't happened yet. I have so many things and areas of improvement I can make to the site. It is hard to keep up. But this is on my list.
Thanks for the comment! And for being a valued memeber of this community.

More
4 years 8 months ago #32011 by robert.lesaca
A big WELCOME to Luke...surely an asset to the forum.

More
4 years 7 months ago #33186 by keosintal
I hope you can introduce a feature that mark a video that I have already watched. Might be better if I can mark it manually as sometimes I don't want it to be marked

• Noah
More
4 years 7 months ago #33199 by Noah
Agreed, this is something that has come up frequently and deserves attention.
I have no idea what the technical or financial hang ups may be too implement it, but I think it's worth looking into.
Thank you for your feedback!

The following user(s) said Thank You: keosintal, aboudi.naddaf

More
4 years 6 months ago #33496 by ScannerDanner
Luke, my webmaster is looking into this for us, it may be hinging on our video hosting company (JWPlayer) and the answer may not be so simple. As in changing hosting companies.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Noah, aboudi.naddaf

Time to create page: 0.266 seconds