Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

2014 MKZ Trunk Module (RGTM)

More
3 years 3 months ago #45844 by JNapier
I need to replace the RGTM in my 2014 MKZ. (And get the updated software installed.) I’m experiencing the typical “trunk won’t open by key fob, button inside of car, or button by license plate. I have to crawl into the trunk from inside the car and pull the trunk release lever. The trunk won’t close automatically. When I close the trunk lid manually it latches but the latch motor doesn’t pull the lid all the way down. AND this issue is draining my battery, every day. (Battery charger/maintainer is keeping it charged for now.)
I’ve watched the 4-part series ScannerDanner posted on YouTube about this exact issue. I know what I need to replace, but I have a question regarding the part number.
My original part is
DG9T-14B673-AR. I’ve found several part numbers for 2014 Lincoln MKZ RGTMs:
DG9T-14B673-AS
DG9T-14B673-AV
DG9Z-14B291-F
DG9Z-14B291-FW
EP5T-14G213-AP
And probably a few more.
Some with the chime speaker, and some without.
With this many different trunk modules that supposedly fit my vehicle..how do I know exactly which part I’m supposed to order???

Thanks a million,
JNapier

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 3 months ago #45847 by RJMARRA
Might be able to help you out if you could provide your VIN

More
3 years 3 months ago #45848 by JNapier
VIN: 3LN6L2J95ER826274

More
3 years 3 months ago #45849 by RJMARRA
According to your VIN the part your car calls for from ford is DG9Z14B291WF
Attachments:

More
2 years 6 months ago #51585 by Vladtzp
I have the same issue with mine. I can't open the trunk anymore and my battery is drained as hell.
Current(broken) module number dg9t-14b673-ar and my vin number is 3LN6L2Gn0fr600083
Can someone help me?

More
3 months 10 hours ago #64253 by TEMalone3
I have the same issue now with my 2014 MKZ. If I buy a used RGTM part, it needs to be wiped (of old VIN) and reprogrammed to work in my MKZ, is that right? i.e., we are not talking plug and play here, so I am relegated to buying from the Dealer (gulp)?
Thanks folks!

More
2 months 4 weeks ago #64284 by Tyler
Replied by Tyler on topic 2014 MKZ Trunk Module (RGTM)
A replacement module would require reprogramming, yes, new or used. You're not required to go to the dealer in either case. A J2534 device, a laptop and a two day subscription to FJDS would get it done.

Last time I tried, Forscan did not have the right capability.

Time to create page: 0.207 seconds