Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

Opel fuel trims is Fixed

More
3 years 4 months ago - 3 years 4 months ago #45245 by spit64
Replied by spit64 on topic Opel fuel trims
I have now long crank time and the same problem as before but I scoped the crank sensor it is not looking good almost like the scannerDanner video where he grinds of the synch notch, did I connect the right way I am sure I did one lead to signal the other to the battery ground.
The red trace is an injector

Last edit: 3 years 4 months ago by spit64.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 4 months ago - 3 years 4 months ago #45259 by spit64
Here is the gap in the tone wheel I think it makes sense with the scope picture except for low amplitude will oil on the sensor and the wheel make a difference. This time I had both leads on the sensor. Pico file below
Attachments:

More
3 years 4 months ago #45261 by spit64
Got a picture of the tone wheel but it is too big 3 MB

More
3 years 4 months ago - 3 years 4 months ago #45308 by spit64
I got this picture with a glitch just before the missing tooth I guess this would give a misfire nad if it happens more often a code.
I have ordered a new crank sensor but it might take a while I live way up north I hope I get it before Christmas. And that the crank sensor solves the problem

More
3 years 4 months ago - 3 years 4 months ago #45442 by spit64
new crank sensor car runs again but 02 sensor have slow response I will change that one too [

More
3 years 3 months ago #45919 by spit64
First look sensor in tailpipe can anybody tell me anything about the waveform
Attachments:

More
3 years 3 months ago #45923 by Wightscope
Replied by Wightscope on topic Opel fuel trims
Good catch on the crank sensor!

Exhaust pulses look ok - to me, you are looking for uniformity rather than being able to diagnose much as there is so much going on.
The following user(s) said Thank You: spit64

More
3 years 3 months ago #45937 by spit64
The 02 sensor has great response and with full throttle, it stays rich but it never goes above 0,7 mv I think that is a problem not with the O2 sensor but with the fuel,
tried to put a fuel pressure gauge on the fuel rail did not have the right adapter it is a GM Ecotech engine I have S.U.R. & R. FPT290 Deluxe Fuel Pressure Tester Adapter Kit but the nut is to short it will not make it to the threads.
it would be nice to make a flow test on the injectors but it is not easy to get to the connectors. I connected the Pico to the feed wire for all injectors and control wire to injector 4 since freeze frame data show misfire on all cylinders but it also on number four. I drove the car until the battery died on the computer and first then I got a misfire but it was too late.

More
3 years 3 months ago #45940 by Wightscope
What are your symptoms now the crank sensor is fixed ?
I looked at the waveforms again and it's hard to see, but I think your crank sensor issue was the air gap as it's amplitude was only mV. the new one looks better.

More
3 years 3 months ago #45942 by spit64
My problem now is a random misfire sometimes bad but most of the time you don't feel it computer flag at first random misfire and after a while cyl 4.
Here is I think when the car misfired when driving it is not when I switchgear it is a car with a stick shift and I think not when decel.
Attachments:

More
3 years 3 months ago - 3 years 3 months ago #45943 by spit64
This is an injector waveform with decel I letting of the throttle

Last edit: 3 years 3 months ago by spit64.

More
3 years 3 months ago - 3 years 3 months ago #45944 by Wightscope
can you post the scope files of the last 3 waveforms - unfortunately can't see much from the images.

Is the missfire completely random or only at high/low rpm, only when warm/cold, loaded/unloaded

What are the fuel trims doing now
Last edit: 3 years 3 months ago by Wightscope.

More
3 years 3 months ago #45945 by spit64
The longterm is 18% at over 2500 rpm the misfire can happen cold but most of the time warm the misfire code for cyl 4 is always 1900 rpm engine temp 65 celsius I wish I could post the pico files but they are way too big here is an interesting picture of the same as before it must mean something the number 4 injector fire twice I think and with higher amperage. I am only a diy and new to this so I am not sure.

More
3 years 3 months ago #45946 by spit64
If you have Pico forum look for Opel crank sensor thread I posted a Pico file of the last picture there.

More
3 years 3 months ago - 3 years 3 months ago #45947 by Wightscope
Picked up the file from the pico forum
That's really interesting. As far as I can see the no. 4 injector is indeed randomly firing out of turn and the the current is showing the load of two injectors firing at the same time. Note that it does not then fire when it should.
To me this indicates that the ECU is getting confused about where in the firing cycle it is.
To start I would scope that again and put the cam and crank signal on the other channels, then again with the coil primary instead of injector amperage to see if the ecu is also firing the coil out of time.
I note also that about 4 crank revolutions before the event the voltage starts to drop from 14.2v down to 12.24v at the time of the out of turn firing, that could be a clue as it comes first.

Going back to the wiring posted earlier to see what else is on the injector lines as there is an amp ripple there from something,
EDIT might be worth clamping just after the relay to see if there is a huge draw from the evap purge valve/EGR or any of the other stuff on that same supply that coincides with the issue.

More
3 years 3 months ago #45949 by spit64
thanks for your thought process it helps me on my own. Too bad, I only have a two-channel scope, but look at the ignition is a good idea I think. When the big spike occurs is it possible the computer turn of the driver on the number four injector.
Maybe the cam sensor loses the 5 refs it gets too low I don't know if that's possible. The crank sensor makes its own voltage so that should be ok. maybe it happens on the other cylinders too. I got a new injector I might change it but that may not solve the problem.

More
3 years 3 months ago - 3 years 3 months ago #45950 by Wightscope
The big amp spike is 2 injectors firing at the same time - the spike is 2a, each injector is 1a. You can see that No4 voltage is firing so it is firing no 4 at the same time as the next cyl in firing order. I don't think there is anything wrong with the injectors.
If you do it again can you check that the Amp clamp is set to zero. Not sure where you measured it but you can see there is additional draw that is cycling - that goes away at the time of the event which is why I am leaning towards something else on the line might be causing the issue.
With 2 channels do the injector amps and a primary coil.
Where are you measuring the injector current?

Definitely take a look at the CMP signal vs Injector current, - the spike will clue us as to[strike] where[/strike] when to look.

EDIT the more I think about this, the more I think the injector - and even the coil firing, are just a symptom of the ecu losing where it is due to a CKP or CMP error - and the cause of that error is somewhere in the voltage drop we see

More
3 years 3 months ago #45953 by spit64
I have the amp clamp on a connector close to the fuel rail called X63 on my wiring diagram. I also have the one in your picture but what I understand the one I am using seems more accurate.

More
3 years 3 months ago #45973 by spit64
The code has been cleared many times and it is always cylinder 4 that gets flagged in freeze-frame but the first code that shows up is P0300 Random misfire then cylinder 4

More
3 years 3 months ago #46002 by Wightscope
The missfire and lean will be caused by the missing injection event that follows the double injection.
Will be interesting to see what the CMP has to say at the time.
Would Cyl 4 be the first injection event after the ECU sees the ckp/cmp match that tells it where the engine is (TDC on 1?)

Time to create page: 0.322 seconds