Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

1993 Ranger 2.3 5sp 2wd

More
4 years 9 months ago #31602 by PDM
Replied by PDM on topic Re:1993 Ranger 2.3 5sp 2wd
Is it missing or just feels like towing a semi?

Wonder if it’s a transmission/ torque converter issue?

Can someone give me a reason that an exhaust restriction issue would be delayed?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 9 months ago #31614 by Cheryl
Replied by Cheryl on topic Re:1993 Ranger 2.3 5sp 2wd
Well maybe try unplugging mag sensor when it acts up? Also you just might have to use a multimeter on o2 sensor signal wire to see if it’s lean or rich when this occurs with some long jumper leads

More
4 years 9 months ago #31620 by Matts Auto
Replied by Matts Auto on topic 1993 Ranger 2.3 5sp 2wd
I've encountered very similar problems on 90's ford's that ended up being ignition control module. They make testers for ignition modules (I own one) that aren't too expensive. Wouldn't hurt to hook up module to tester n & heat with heat gun . Or the module isn't too expensive to try. Just a thought

More
4 years 9 months ago #31621 by Bear76
Replied by Bear76 on topic 1993 Ranger 2.3 5sp 2wd
Do you have a name for this tool? I’ve done a search and can’t find a specific one.

More
4 years 9 months ago #31629 by Matts Auto
Can't remember the brand of mine I've had it for about 30 years still works good I'll let you know tomorrow. I google ignition control module tester n saw a new one on eBay for like $30.00 it is a Kent Moore j 43298 but I don't know how well they work. Also some of the big box stores have them & will test them for. Advance auto near me does.

More
4 years 9 months ago #31660 by Matts Auto
the module tester i own is Kal Equip model 2993. they are on amazon for 30.00 new

Time to create page: 0.215 seconds