Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

2006 Ford Escape crank no start[fixed]

More
4 years 9 months ago #31347 by Crombie
I.ve never looked back after getting a decent scan tool, sometimes a basic code reader is just nowhere near good enough. If I was in your position I would ask a friend or pay a garage to do a full system scan. You.ll get there though, you know what your doing

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 9 months ago #31442 by tim.smith1
I would start checking fuses then I would find out if you are missing fire and injector pulse or just fire

More
4 years 9 months ago #31574 by jon.lane
Little update, i have tested all powers and grounds at computer. All are good. Tested a few more coil pins no control. Tested one injector at computer, it had control. So I guess ecu is fried in area of coils, since everything else seems fine? Thanks everyone for your help, I am a newb when it comes to wiring. Planning on pulling computer tonight, and shipping it off to have it rebuilt and of course replace all coils and plugs in the process.

More
4 years 9 months ago #31579 by tim.smith1
anytime you call a bad ecm it is a hard call good luck bud. also just a side note and someone may have mentioned this not really sure cause i did not read everything but if you have not yet i would check the cam and crank sensor with a volt meter set to ac volts unplug the sensor and crank the engine over just to see if it is creating ac volts should be like .7 or maybe like 1.5 not much but a volt meter will pick it up(just so you know that only works with 2 wire magnetic sensors if they have more then a scope is needed) yours has 2 wire sensors. some cars the cam sensors will control injectors or coils and the crank sensor will control the other component.

More
4 years 9 months ago #31580 by tim.smith1
and last thing is please make sure to let us know what fixed the car cause this post or any post is almost useless without that key information again good luck bud.

More
4 years 8 months ago #32179 by jon.lane
Almost a month later, and she’s running again. Turned out ecm was Fried as well as 4 of 6 coils had opens on secondary circuit I should have tested them in beginning. Replaced plugs all coils and ecm now it runs like a top. Thanks everyone who replied for the help!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Noah, Tyler, PDM, tim.smith1

Time to create page: 0.204 seconds