Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

2000 Toyota Solara 3.0 V6 massive coolant leak

More
4 years 4 months ago #35514 by popoften
Getting back to this project again, after yet more illnesses in family. I could not find any evidence of bubbles using the bore-scope. I am putting the engine back together and will run it with a pressure gauge on the coolant fill neck and see what I find.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 2 months ago #36980 by popoften
Put engine back together, drove the car about an hour, and yes I am still getting a little air in the cooling system. It was apparent by venting/leaking past new radiator cap (
). Had a pro diagnose at his shop, and he says I either have cracked cylinder head(s) or a cracked block. Looks like it is time to pull the heads.

~ Pop

More
4 years 2 months ago #37076 by Tyler
No offense to the pro, but what testing did he do to support a cracked head/blown head gasket?

Does the engine still overheat?

If this was in my bay, I need to see either repeated blue test fluid failures, or a leak down test that produces bubbles in the radiator.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Noah

Time to create page: 0.210 seconds