What's your thoughts on the snapon counselor 2 scoope.

More
2 years 9 months ago #50028 by Mechanic/welder
I know this machine is big. I've never used one; but the price is low now a days, because the vantage pro and legend. My question is should I buy it. 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 9 months ago - 2 years 9 months ago #50032 by juergen.scholl

My question is should I buy it. 
It all depends on your needs and intentions...

Back in its day (ninties) it was just state of the art, for modern diagnostics today not so much....Still a VERY good ignition scope, indeed one of the best, You should watch out for a  complete set of cables and accesories. The machine originally was sold with a gas analyzer as an option, if you could get one of these included it would be fantastic. The original manual provides superb information on scopes, theory, sensor characteristics, failure pattern and so on.

The whole show is VERY bulky, the monitor is bichrome and not a pleasure to view. If your goal is to run speedy day to day diagnostics this is not your first choice, no matter the price. If you are enthusiastic about scopes this is an interesting option and somehow a "time machine".

An expert is someone who knows each time more on each time less, until he finally knows absolutely everything about absolutely nothing.
Last edit: 2 years 9 months ago by juergen.scholl.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.196 seconds