What's best oscilloscope out there

More
6 years 1 month ago #18797 by luisito123
Hello there.
I am trying to buy an oscilloscope and I wanted to know which one are the best out there . Like a top 3

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 1 month ago #18803 by Ro-longo
I don't have one but PICO seems to be the best

www.aeswave.com/PicoScope-4425-4-Channel...ostic-Kit-p9276.html

"Silver bullets are for killing Werewolves, not fixing Cars." -Rob Longoria-
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jayjay100396

More
6 years 1 month ago #18900 by bruce.oliver
Pico is definitely the best.
Snapon is good for portability and has some good info built in the component tests section. But it is somewhat limited, you can't zoom in like you can with the pico.
The uscope is fantastic for a single channel scope.
I've heard good things about the ATS escope but it is more expensive than a pico, but it comes in an 8 channel automotive version. Pic only comes with 2 or 4 channels in automotive versions

More
6 years 1 month ago #18907 by Andy.MacFadyen
Nobody here will disagree for out and out capability the high end Pico's are the dog's danglers. Not only the hardware, the Pico automotive software is terrific. The downside is the Pico is tied to a Notebook or Laptop by a USB cable which isn't always convient if you are working away from a diagnostic bay. A hand held scope really comes into its own if you are working outside or have to crawl under a car or working down in the foot well.
A Pico is wonderful, a Snap-on is great but any scope is a 1000 times better than no scope.

" We're trying to plug a hole in the universe, what are you doing ?. "
(Walter Bishop Fringe TV show)

More
6 years 1 month ago #19032 by Thor
Here's some to check out.
Pico you can buy cheaper pico's like i did since i already had all the banana jack plug attachments for the Zeus i just bought a adapter and run the pico 2 channel off my Zeus then you can try out the Pico scope for $220 instead of $5000.00. see if you like it. Plus it does the job , Pico 2206 i think.
ADL7103 is a good scope.
M2 meter from snap on is good.
Snap on Vantage is always rock solid.
ATS has a couple of scopes.
Tektronix scopes can't go wrong there, love those!!
And of coarse Fluke which in those cases you'd need a automotive lead set.
Theres Hantek and a lot of scopes I've never heard of on line that are suppose to be automotive scopes but i'd stick to the known one especially when you can get a 2 channel pico for $220.00 on Amazon , plus snap on has scopes built into their high end scanners.

More
6 years 1 month ago #19039 by Columbus450
What do you guys say about the original modis ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Noah
  • Give code definitions with numbers!
More
6 years 1 month ago #19145 by Noah
I had an original Modis for a while and have seen them online relatively cheap. It should be more than capable as a scope for most of the things you'd encounter, but there are other things to consider. Those machines are old and getting older. Batteries don't last long, so you'll be charging nearly constantly or working plugged into a power source. Boot up time is very slow and it's more difficult to use than a newer Snap On scope considering it is not touch screen. And speaking of the screen, they don't work well in bright light. If you take it out in the sun, you may even have to wait a while after you bring it back inside for it to come back to view.

It's not all bad, I would still be using it if I didn't manage to trade up to the Verus for free. If you can get one for short money with a relatively current update and attachments and you also happen to need a decent scan tool, I think it could be a fairly good investment as a starter unit. But if you are going to rely on this thing to make you money day in and day out, I think there are better tools that will give you more bang for your buck.

"Ground cannot be checked with a 10mm socket"

More
6 years 1 month ago #19155 by Columbus450
Thanks so much for the detailed message that actually helps me out a lot The dull screen and no touchscreen is pretty much a dealbreaker for me .

I have been scoping them out on eBay 500– $700 depending on software version some are selling for 500 with 2007 software , not sure if that is a good deal.
I'm in the market for a good scope I have a ethos pro with bidirectional controls that actually does a lot injector cut outs/component testing/actual vs desired fuel pressure readings/injector balance rates,Key fob/TPMS programming/abs bleed/and so on , The only thing it doesn't have is a lab scope so I may just try to work my way up to Verus and just do it right the first time because it will be my moneymaker

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Time to create page: 0.236 seconds