It’s difficult for me to Use Scope

More
1 year 1 month ago #60347 by forumoto
Am
Finding it very difficult to decode or analyze scope data. Even how to choose time and other information , I really want to learn but am not getting any good data…

Hocking it up to the various signal lines of the intended part to test is not a problem
But selecting the right info on the screen and time and understanding the data it produces is my burden to understand.

Christ De Way Maker
The following user(s) said Thank You: Noah

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 1 month ago #60359 by juergen.scholl
Which scope are you using?

Could you give an example/foto of a capture you took and that is difficult to analize for you?

I suggest to walk thru one example step by step facing eventual problems and go from there.

If you upload screenshots make sure the time and voltage settings can be seen.

An expert is someone who knows each time more on each time less, until he finally knows absolutely everything about absolutely nothing.
The following user(s) said Thank You: forumoto

More
1 year 1 month ago #60365 by forumoto

Which scope are you using?

Could you give an example/foto of a capture you took and that is difficult to analize for you?

I suggest to walk thru one example step by step facing eventual problems and go from there.

If you upload screenshots make sure the time and voltage settings can be seen.

Because I have never own one before, I don’t know how am going set it up on the screen, even though am good with dvom, I want to migrate to scope but now to set the various trigger and wave pattern and attenuation, i have spent years thinking of this, watching videos and reading but can’t get it right

Christ De Way Maker

More
1 year 1 month ago #60373 by juergen.scholl
One part of the learning curve is the "buttonology". This depends on the specific hardware you're dealing with, so you would have to say what scope you actually own or are looking at/working with

The second part is the logic and understanding of waveform analysis and scope diagnostics.

As always practice is the key to success, basic rules like starting with known good cars will help to keep confusion/frustration low when starting your scope journey. You may consider taking some hands on classes.to get started.

An expert is someone who knows each time more on each time less, until he finally knows absolutely everything about absolutely nothing.
The following user(s) said Thank You: forumoto

More
1 year 1 month ago - 1 year 1 month ago #60377 by forumoto

One part of the learning curve is the "buttonology". This depends on the specific hardware you're dealing with, so you would have to say what scope you actually own or are looking at/working with

The second part is the logic and understanding of waveform analysis and scope diagnostics.

As always practice is the key to success, basic rules like starting with known good cars will help to keep confusion/frustration low when starting your scope journey. You may consider taking some hands on classes.to get started.

Am grateful for all your explanation, as a beginner which brand of scope wil it be recommended for me.

I have been reading some course materials from online though.

techexplorations.com/oscilloscope/

techexplorations.com/guides/tools/oscilloscope/waveforms/

Christ De Way Maker
Last edit: 1 year 1 month ago by forumoto. Reason: Add more info

Time to create page: 0.240 seconds