Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

2008 honda crv AC diagnosis

More
4 years 8 months ago #31857 by toolanddie
I do not have power at the compressor. I checked these things thus far: static pressure (ok); jumped #30 &#87 slot in fuse box- have power than at compressor at the 3 pin plug when disconnected; both fans come on when AC is turned on; swapped relay with another identical relay in the fuse box. But when I put a known good relay in, I have no power at the compressor plug when disconnected. Please help me diagnose this problem. Thx.- Hans.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 8 months ago #31865 by Chad
Replied by Chad on topic 2008 honda crv AC diagnosis
Check fuse 36.

With the relay pulled, and the key ON, you should have battery voltage on TWO of the relay "slots".

"Knowledge is a weapon. Arm yourself, well, before going to do battle."
"Understanding a question is half an answer."

I have learned more by being wrong, than I have by being right. :-)
Attachments:

More
4 years 8 months ago #31876 by toolanddie
I checked for power at those pin slots. but what I did wrong was I had the 3-pin connector unplugged while checking for power at the compressor. I should have kept the connector plugged in while then back probing to check for power at the compressor. So that told me the thermal protector plays a part in making the electrical series complete. I need clutch assembly or a new compressor assembly. I will install a new clutch assembly first, way cheaper than replacing the compressor assembly. And see what happens from there. Still might need a new compressor. Thx. Chad for the info! Hans.

Time to create page: 0.219 seconds