A place to discuss hardware/software and diagnostic procedures

Vantage Pro and Verus Pro Updates

More
6 years 1 month ago #19399 by rockp2
Just wanted to pass along a little info I received today while having my Vantage Pro updated to 17.4. First, I am told by my Snap-On rep that 17.4 is the last update for the Vantage Pro and after 31 March 2018 it will no longer be offered. I asked about updating my Verus Pro D10 and was told Snap-On is offering a deal until the end of this week that if you update to 17.4 it is $950 (as opposed to the regular price of $1200.00) and you will get the next update free. Just wanted to share.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Noah, yuckbarry

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 8 months ago #22708 by yuckbarry
It’s august 18th 2018, I’m thinking about forkin $500 for both a solus pro and vantage pro locally , but they have the 9.4 software (up to ~2009 (I think) library) . I’ve talked with my dealer and he said he can’t update it. Well he said it also might be possible but he’s going to get back to me.

I’m wondering if there’s any possible way I could update to the latest possible 17.4 (for vantage) and 16.2 (for solus) . I really don’t wanna miss out on the 6-7 years of technical data . I know I could still use the vantage manually but I would really love the pin outs, connector views, component locations/descriptions/operations, etc for the vantage pro.

If someone could be so kind and chime in with any possible solution. That would be greatly appreciated . Thanks in advance

More
5 years 8 months ago #22736 by yuckbarry
So I ended up buying them both. $500. Found out that the vantage pro actually has the 8.2 bundle . And solus pro has 9.4 bundle . I was kinda bummed but it’s ok. I really hope someone can help me update these . That would be great . Thanks ‘!

More
5 years 8 months ago - 5 years 8 months ago #22798 by GypsyR
Word is that the last update for the Vantage Pro was last fall and you could have gotten it up until 18.2 came out this spring. I didn't know that until too late. I was told that the latest updates are downloaded into the tool rep's laptop or PC and overwrites whatever else was in there. So a Vantage Prop cannot accept the 18.2 and what it could use just vanished into thin air. Which means your local guy on the truck can't help you.

I believe that if you send your machine in for repairs they can (sometimes) update it while it's in there. IF you ask and pay for it. maybe.

Which all seems fairly insane to me. I still have copies of my old Windows 95 and such on CD that I could install on some old laptop if I wanted. Snap On acts like all the updates for older stuff has vanished into thin air when you know darn well they have it archived.
Last edit: 5 years 8 months ago by GypsyR.

More
5 years 8 months ago #22799 by yuckbarry
I agree gypsy. It’s like snap on wants to force you to keep buying . Which would be a little more respectable if they had better pricing .

I met a programmer at a coffee shop yesterday whose brother is a snap on dealer and I’m going to meet with him today and he’s going to take my VANTAGE PRO cf card (with 8.4) and my SOLUS PRO scanner (with 9.2) and update them to 17.4 for $1400. That’s roughly $700 each unit . Which is pretty reasonably considering I wouldn’t be able to update it otherwise .

I guess his brother saved the update files somehow. And he mentioned somewhere along the lines that they save the files before it becomes unsupported . He also mentioned that he can even bring any vantage MT2400 up to version 8.0 . I’ll reply with updates when things are said and done. But he said it’ll take a few weeks maybe months , because they have other things to do.

I hope it doesn’t become empty promises.

More
5 years 8 months ago #22815 by graywave
I heard couple weeks ago from my snap on guy that next year the Verus Pro will get its last update. Mine is at 17.4 and it would cost $1250 to update it to the current version and more money for the other updates....I don't think I am updating mine. I'll get a solus edge, verus edge or Autel Elite eventually.

Confirm what it's not, and fix what it is!

More
5 years 7 months ago #23143 by dummer
Any news on the update?
The following user(s) said Thank You: yuckbarry

More
5 years 7 months ago #23144 by yuckbarry
Yea . They have one of my solus pros with 9.2 and my other solus pro with 8.2 and they’re going to bring both units up to 17.2 and unlock euro for me. I’m in the process of getting the vw-1 , mb-1, mb-2, bm-1, and dL-16 adapters . Plus an s-44 personality key

They also have one of my vantage pro CF CARDS with 8.4 and they’re going to bring that up to 17.4

More
5 years 6 months ago #24084 by yuckbarry
So yea everything worked out. I now have 2 solus pros with the final 17.2 version.
And I also now have 2 vantage pros with the final 17.4 version.

Let me know if any of you want to update your old solus pro and/or vantage pro.

More
5 years 5 months ago #24462 by Rockyroad
Can they just flash a new cf and ship to me? Or, they need the vantage pro in hand? I’m at 12.? . Just curious right now.$

Someday I'll figure this out

More
5 years 5 months ago #24463 by yuckbarry
You would send me your cf card only. Not the unit. Just the card. the info from your old card is needed.

Get a cf card reader that plugs into your computer.

Open the card
Choose to also view hidden files
Select all
Copy to a folder in your desktop.

Test:
Get a new blank cf card (256-512MB! Not GB)
Write files to new cf card
Plug into your vantage pro.
And see if it boots up, which it will.

Then send me your original cf card.

Boom done

More
5 years 5 months ago #24464 by Rockyroad
Sweet, thanks. Ahhh...is it worth the money from 12.2 or 12.4 ? I’m trying to determine if I should just by the newer used one and keep this one for backup. Assuming we’re still talking $700 for an update

Someday I'll figure this out

More
5 years 5 months ago #24466 by yuckbarry
You’d be jumping to 17.4 from wherever you’re at. That translates to ~5 years of technical data if you’re at 12.2.

If you know how to use your vantage pro, you have a pretty good tool the way it is.

The extra technical data is just a time saver in my experience. Giving you pin outs, connector views, component info, an example of a waveform you should see. And it’ll be up to 2016 vehicles.

But like I say, if you know how to use a scope. The machine you have is fine the way it is. You can just look up diagrams and figure out which wire is which and then test accordingly.

I’m still quite a novice when it comes to lab-scope diagnostics. And I really like the vantage pro. There’s people that can re-build the battery online . I’ve used the ultra and the Verus pro, which are nice but out of my price range.

And yes , still $700.

PM me if you want.

More
5 years 5 months ago #24469 by yuckbarry
Or maybe text me. 4086096299

More
5 years 5 months ago #24504 by yuckbarry
Hit me up rocky

More
4 years 11 months ago #30218 by algo98
hi my name is Gus i would like to update my i have 10.4 in my vantage pro here is my number 8134108466 thanks

More
3 years 8 months ago #42310 by SouthAugustaSlim
Hello, I'm new to the forum. I was looking for information on my MT2400, and I read an old post of yours. Did you ever get the updates you were writing about. I need a data card for my Vantage, has error code, A v8.0 would be a huge improvement. I appreciate any information you can send me. Thanks!

More
3 years 7 months ago #43567 by luis m
yes, he is still updating the vantage mt2400 and the vantage pro you can reach him by phone (408)609-6299, he actually update my vantage pro to the final version (17.4)

More
2 years 2 months ago #54078 by kbf2011
hi. i also have a vantage pro that i just got with only 10.4 version on there. does anyone know if theres someone still able to do update to 17.4 or has a copy of the update they would be willing to share to get my scanner updated.

More
2 years 2 months ago #54413 by Myrf900r
I’m also looking to update my vantage pro can this still be done?

Thanks

Time to create page: 0.244 seconds