Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

Nissan Sunny 1.6L engine 2002 - No injector pulse

More
6 years 3 months ago - 6 years 3 months ago #17237 by naros812000
Hi 2 all

I am currently diagnosing Nissan Sunny 1.6L engine 2002. The cranks but cant start at all. No DTC.

Test I have done.

1- Fuel pump and pressure ok. Tested
2- No injector pulse while cranking. Used Power Probe IV to see pulse MS and Beep.
3- Added Propane while cranking. The car starts.
4- All fuses and relays working properly but there is a relay which combine RAD Fan2 and Injector driver. The relay is good but there is no power for injector pulse (ECU ground driver)
5- No injector is shorted to cause injector driver to overload and create this situation. This tested. No problem
5- tested wire by wire from injector to ecu. They are all ok using continuity from DVOM.
6- No pulse from ECU or the ecu needs some parameters to make pulse which is missing or not working.

There might be something that sends signal to ecu to make injector driver pulse work. I dont know. since I dont have the diagram

ECU photo attached.
Can anyone help or have diagram for injector to work.
Attachments:
Last edit: 6 years 3 months ago by naros812000.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 3 months ago #17245 by Genman
You need to look at the cam and crank sensors - those are the inputs that when input correctly allow the ECU to fire the injecrors

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

More
6 years 3 months ago #17246 by BroncoMcbane

Genman wrote: You need to look at the cam and crank sensors - those are the inputs that when input correctly allow the ECU to fire the injecrors

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I ll try that.

Noid testers. I got a v8. Do I look for light pulses during cranking or KOEO?

Sent from my Z833 using Tapatalk

More
6 years 3 months ago #17251 by arbez
I have no idea what a Nissan Sunny is.

Like Genman said - Look at the cam & crank sensor signals.

The noid light should flash while cranking. If you have fuel pressure, you will not have any activity at the injectors. Unless it is a power issue, assuming it is a ground pulsed system. You can check with a test or noid light.

Back to checking cam & crank signals.

More
6 years 3 months ago #17277 by Dylan
I'm moving your thread to the repair section ;)

More
6 years 2 months ago #17913 by Shauns_auto_repairs
I'm not clear as to what you have at the injectors...You have fuel pressure from pump...You have spark and it starts with propane...Do you have 12v at the injectors with the ignition on or cranking from the main relay...You need the 12v supply in order to check switching with a noid light....If there is no 12v you can still check switching with a LED test light connected to battery positive. The light will flicker when cranked...

Time to create page: 0.212 seconds