Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

Oxygen sensor wire harness test

More
6 years 11 months ago #9681 by Tyler
Hey sir! Looking at your fuel trims, and they appear reasonable to me. :huh: The warmed engine at 3500 RPM shows a slight rich condition, with the total trim on bank 2 around -12%, but this really isn't that bad overall.

What'd really be valuable would be trims and a few other inputs during the low power condition. Short and long term trims on both banks, the TPS, MAF, Engine Load and both upstream O2's would be the ones to watch. Those will spell out if there truly is a fuel problem or not.

Ideally, you want to see the upstream O2's go below 3.3V (or less than 1.00 lambda) during wide open throttle acceleration. The Engine Load should exceed 85% when accelerating from a dead stop through first gear and into second. The MAF should go over 4V, and the TPS should reflect the throttle going all the way to the floor.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 11 months ago #9699 by babajis2010
I adjusted my throttle cable myself by giving it some free play and I don't have any jerking anymore. The rich condition of -8.59 at 35000RPM was done when the car was sitting in the car park. I hooked up an OBD2 and went on a drive after fixing throttle cable and my eyes were on short term fuel trims on both banks and they stayed for the most part around 97% of the time on highway 1.56 to -2.34. So it looks like my car is fixed but I will fill up my tank next week and check my MPG.

Will update, but if anyone is reading this please check your throttle cable first because it's function is the same as TPS and all oxygen sensors, if not properly adjusted it can destroy your CAT.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.201 seconds