Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

1996 Camry no spark

More
2 weeks 1 hour ago #65552 by Roadrunner
Hey all,  I have a 1996 Camry XLE with the 2.2 that I recently pulled the head to change the gasket and when I put it back together I can not get it to start.  It has no spark at the coil and I checked the ignitor with the test light test and got no spark from the coil that way either.  I checked the red/white wire and have 12 volt constant but I am not sure how to check for signal from the ECU.  Any help that can be given is great as I am stuck.  I think it may be the igniter but I also dont want to just throw parts at it.  

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Noah
  • Give code definitions with numbers!
More
1 week 6 days ago #65558 by Noah
Replied by Noah on topic 1996 Camry no spark
Does the tach work, or even better, does the RPM PID indicate the engine cranking?
I have seen the CKP harness degrade on these old Camrys and short together or short to the engine where it's routed up around the accessory bracket

"Ground cannot be checked with a 10mm socket"
The following user(s) said Thank You: Roadrunner

More
1 week 6 days ago #65560 by Roadrunner
Replied by Roadrunner on topic 1996 Camry no spark
Hi Noah,  thanks for the help,  the tach does not move when cranked.  I ohm checked the wiring between the CKP and the distributor and then to the ECU and all checked good,  just for good measure since I did have the harness all moved I checked the wiring from the igniter to the ecu as well and they checked good.  

Time to create page: 0.244 seconds