A place to discuss hardware/software and diagnostic procedures

Scanner for Light Duty and Heavy Duty Diesels

More
2 years 8 months ago #51402 by Zewnten
I tried searching the forum and through google but other than Snap On's offering, I can't get any solid information on a scanner that will cover both light duty, ('06-'21 Ford F350 and Chevy 3500's), and heavy duty, ('05 Kenworth T800 and '19 Chevy 5500). I don't need it do tons of things. Mostly read codes and then the shop can decide what to do in house and what to send out. I'd also like to program TPMS, which seems easy to get with the light duty truck capable scanners. Do I need to get 2 scanners, if so what to get for the heavy duty side?

PS: if there are threads on this already I apologize but nothing turned up when I searched.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 8 months ago #51405 by katblackdiesel
The best solution I personally know of might not be practical for you. Majority of diesel shops I've worked for have a laptop with the different diagnostic programs installed. NexiQ (diagnostic program differed depending on what the shop's major workload was, Cummins worked best IMO) for the heavy diesels and their 9 pins, and we used IDS to scan all the OBDII light diesels since our major workload was Fords, but ford software WILL scan the other makes as well.

More
2 years 7 months ago #51611 by gav09
look into the autel 908cv. Works pretty well on multiple truck engines, chassis, and body for basic diagnostics and bidirectional controls. There are no guided diagnostics that are included in some of the factory tools. It also has some light duty capability.
You are going to need to buy a separate TPMS tool or buy another tool that would do light duty and tpms such as the ms906ts.

More
2 years 7 months ago #51861 by Zephyr
For the Fords, if on a budget you can do an OBDLink MX+ with ForScan. Not sure about the Chevys as we don't have any in our fleet. As for the HD side of things for solely pulling codes Nexas NL102 Plus though the buttons kind of suck. There is also the Cando HDCODE 2 which I use if I don't want to pull out the laptop and interface. However both of which are slower than molasses so at the end of the day I find I use JPro more as it logs each session if I need to refer back to a previous work order to see what was up the last time it was in my bay.

More
4 months 2 weeks ago #63991 by buyingacc012.c
Tried the Autel like you said but ended up returning it. Had this for 2 months so far so good. www.dieselscanners.com/products/diesel-d...r-tuner-truck-repair

But it won’t connect to my case equipment. Anything for case?

More
2 months 1 week ago #64791 by Itsacummins
Weird question but is this not the same?
www.repairyourdiesel.com/collections/die...r-tuner-truck-repair

Doing research and want to make sure I get what I pay for
The following user(s) said Thank You: browzkiy

More
2 weeks 2 days ago #65535 by browzkiy
you said didnt like Autel 908cv ended up returning.

MAY I ASK WHY? -because im about to buy Autel 908CV
could you please tell from your professional view side. thanx

More
2 weeks 2 days ago #65536 by browzkiy
you said didnt like Autel 908cv ended up returning. 

MAY I ASK WHY?  -because im about to buy Autel 908CV
could you please tell from your professional view side. thanx

Time to create page: 0.218 seconds