A place to discuss hardware/software and diagnostic procedures

Snap On

More
7 years 3 weeks ago #8914 by singingbo2001
Snap On was created by singingbo2001
I am not happy that Snap On is dropping support on the Verus after 17.2 update, so after that I have a $10.000 useless Tool. I am sure not going buy another Snap On after Snap On doing that, my Verus is like brand new.
I asked the Snap On Rep about that and he didn't even want to make a trade up.
I probably go back to Autel Maxisys Pro MS908P OBD2 Scanner Vehicle Auto Diagnostic System With J2534 Reprogramming for a 1/4 of the money of a Snap On.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Noah
  • Give code definitions with numbers!
More
7 years 3 weeks ago #8924 by Noah
Replied by Noah on topic Snap On
Hey bud, welcome to the forum!
You must have the same one I have with the personality keys?
Unfortunately, obsolescence is an inevitability regarding any technology. You should be able to get good money for that tool selling it yourself to someone like me who isn't going to be seeing 2017 models until well into the 2020's.
A guy at work just got out of his Verus for a Mac Tools MDT 10 scanner with J2354 reprogramming for around $3900.
It's pretty good, but all of the service information, diagrams and such are dependant on wifi whereas that stuff is loaded right into the Verus. And of course, there's no scope (which is why I bought my Verus to begin with)

"Ground cannot be checked with a 10mm socket"

More
7 years 3 weeks ago #8957 by singingbo2001
Replied by singingbo2001 on topic Snap On
Mine is the Verus Wireless one, I really wanted that Harley Davidson update but, it only goes to 2016 and I have a 2017 Street Glide Milwaukee 8 107.

More
7 years 3 weeks ago #9002 by singingbo2001
Replied by singingbo2001 on topic Snap On
I can still use the Scope part of the Versus but for I am not buying anymore Snap On Tools, not when I can get updated information for a lot less then $1200.00.

• Noah
  • Give code definitions with numbers!
More
7 years 3 weeks ago - 7 years 3 weeks ago #9018 by Noah
Replied by Noah on topic Snap On

singingbo2001 wrote: I can still use the Scope part of the Versus but for I am not buying anymore Snap On Tools, not when I can get updated information for a lot less then $1200.00.

Yeah, the scope at least isn't dependant on updates (as long as you can set it up). When I outgrow the scanner capabilities of mine, I'll keep it for the scope and get a dedicated scan tool.
There really is a lot to choose from in the scan tool marketplace. I can't justify the cost of new Snap-On equipment at my level. For 10g's, I'd trade up out of my 1999 SUV first!

"Ground cannot be checked with a 10mm socket"
Last edit: 7 years 3 weeks ago by Noah.

More
7 years 2 weeks ago #9215 by Richey.brown
Replied by Richey.brown on topic Snap On
I don't know if you guys over in the USA have access to a Bosch KTS. That is what I use over here in England it has all the same features as a snap on plus wiring diagrams and loaded on it also has J2534, with a scope built in. It's a lot cheaper than a snap on too. I definitely have the option to pick which market of cars I am going to be diagnosing. So there is a strong chance you can get it over in the states. If you can get a sales rep to come and give you a free demo. You won't be disappointed I'm sure.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Noah

More
7 years 2 weeks ago #9243 by Richey.brown
Replied by Richey.brown on topic Snap On
Here's a link to the brochure. This is the European market though uk-ww.bosch-automotive.com/en/products_w...ostics/ecu_diagnosis

More
6 years 8 months ago #12243 by lakis
Replied by lakis on topic Snap On
I was wondering if the KTS has all the Features of the Snap On
I worked with some Bosch products, but I like the Verus / Edge.
The Bosch ones have wiring diagrams and so but the Data Pids (in Graph) in Snap On are way better
I would like to buy a good Scan Tool but I donĀ“t know yet wich one!!!

Time to create page: 0.226 seconds