Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

It’s me. I’m the problem

More
1 year 4 months ago #59019 by playdoh
Hey
So I’m a shade tree mechanic and have a couple newer vehicles and figured it’s time to get a scan tool. I got a Launch x431+ off Amazon and have been fumbling my way around.
My 2013 silverado 2500 is having issues with the alcohol content readings. It will creep up to 30% or so. I’ve been resetting it a couple times and it’s good for a couple weeks.
Anyways, just here to try and learn.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 4 months ago #59179 by Chad
Replied by Chad on topic It’s me. I’m the problem
Welcome to the Forum. :)

My first question about your fuel composition is:

When you put gas in it, do you fill it up? Or, do you put in $10-$20, at a time. Fuel composition is calculated by a number of factors. A couple of which are Miles driven, and Fuel gauge movement. Repeatedly putting small amounts of fuel in the tank can skew the calculation.

"Knowledge is a weapon. Arm yourself, well, before going to do battle."
"Understanding a question is half an answer."

I have learned more by being wrong, than I have by being right. :-)

More
1 year 4 months ago #59182 by playdoh
Hey
Thanks for the reply. I live in the sticks and always fill it. I’m not sure $10-$20 would even move the gas gauge at these prices lol. I usually fill at Costco and the dozen people behind me usually wonder if I just forgot to check if the tank is already full. So many morons wait 15 mins to save 8 cents a liter yet get $9 in their civics, ugh.
Mine takes $200 to fill. In fact my credit card qualified my tank fill purchase for financing, how sad is that?
Anyways I’ve had to reset the ECU alcohol content a few times now and it just climbs on its own. I’m going to put new plugs in and do a tuneup to eliminate the simple. I’ve gotten ‘too rich’ codes a couple times until recently it threw a couple ‘too lean’ codes. So I’m sure that will help me narrow it down. I just need to learn how to better use my scanner I think.
Thank again, and I’m always up for suggestions.

Time to create page: 0.221 seconds