× For those interested in the other side of eternity

I'm a Bible-reader, studier... Sunday is not the right day to set aside for God

More
07 Apr 2020 10:39 #38948 by Potanist
Do you realize you are breaking the Forth Commandment by worshipping God on sunday. I don't know what happens between God and the people who repeatedly breaks the 4th Commandment. Proverbs 28:9 'He that turneth away his ear from hearing the law, even his prayer shall be abomination.". And about changing God's word Matthew 5:18 "For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.". This is the complete 4th Commandment.

Exodus 20:8-11 King James Version (KJV)
8 Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.
9 Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work:
10 But the seventh day is the sabbath of the Lord thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates:
11 For in six days the Lord made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the Lord blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.

You may have heard the story of how Constantine changed the Sabbath to Sunday. According to the story, the early churches kept the Sabbath until Constantine, who was the high priest of paganism and who honored the sun god, changed the Sabbath, the 7th day, to the day of the sun, the 1st day. www.gotquestions.org/Constantine-Sabbath.html

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Jun 2021 08:27 #49421 by GuitarGuy123456
Dave here,
We are doing our Bible study on Saturday. We struggled with this for a long time. 5 years ago we pulled away from traditional "big church" as we have usually gravitated to churches with over 1000 members. We liked the contemporary music and the programs for our children..(now grown) It's a balancing act..We call ourselves followers of Jesus. no denomination..Even the many different groups of Messianics draw lines of separation..so, we study at home on Saturday and stream in a service from a group we found. We have started attending a Friday night local home gathering for food, fellowship, and discussion. So far , it is working for us. In His Grip: Dave G.

More
02 Jul 2021 19:37 #49759 by Johnpreid
I can't tell if your being serious here or not. Technically you are correct but at the same time we are no longer under the law as we are under "Grace" now. From a theological perspective we were set free from the law upon Jesus death, burial, and resurection. And the law was never given to be a rule by which we are judged but was given to prove we couldn't keep it! To show that we needed God. I see that you have a pot leaf as your picture. I use to be a pretty hard core addict, not just pot. I still worked, paid the bills, lived a somewhat decent life. The people that I bought my weed from had these neighbors that were good people behind all the crap. I always wanted to help them. I am no saint myself but I understood them and felt bad because I have had oppurtunities that they didn't. Still, I could not go over there without them asking me for a ride or asking for money. It drove me crazy...to the point that I stopped messing with them. But they still got to me lol. So finally, I started making it a point beforehand to say things that would prevent them from changing the story later and being able to weisel their way out of paying me back. I would loan them money just to prove that they never paid me back and never kept their word. This is just an illustration about how God gave the law to people who never kept their word and their pledges to him. If I had more time I would look up verses and all that. If you wanted me to do so I can.

More
03 Jul 2021 10:57 #49770 by GuitarGuy123456
looks like "the Potanist" is banned .
I get what you are saying about not being under the law.. The struggle for me is looking at how Jesus lived as he set the example. He observed the fall feasts of Israel, ,Passover, Succot, etc. He quoted Deut a lot..I am thinking He was a "Torah observant Jew".. It's just hard to walk away from the Jewishness of Jesus. Not trying to work my way to heaven, or favor,.. just want to please my Savior and Lord. The church seems to think Jesus came to us as a Baptist or Methodist.. How does a non-Jew follow a Jewish savior. If He is the true vine and we are grafted into Him. Should we become more like Him, or do we do what we want.. ?
In His Grip; Dave G.

More
03 Jul 2021 14:58 #49773 by AJeep18
I believe that we are to celebrate the cornerstone of our faith, the resurrection of Jesus Christ. Mark 16:2 puts the resurrection of Christ on the first day of the week (our Sunday, the day after Jewish Sabbath). That said, Paul says in Romans 14: 5 One person esteems one day as better than another, while another esteems all days alike. Each one should be fully convinced in his own mind. 6 The one who observes the day, observes it in honor of the Lord. The one who eats, eats in honor of the Lord, since he gives thanks to God, while the one who abstains, abstains in honor of the Lord and gives thanks to God. 7 For none of us lives to himself, and none of us dies to himself. 
I believe that the point in not in the DAY that we worship but the PERSON we worship. 

More
04 Jul 2021 23:22 #49809 by GuitarGuy123456
I appreciate your response, always more to learn,, Happy 4th. !!
thanks
In His Grip:
Dave G.

• Not Allowed: to create new topic.
  • Not Allowed: to reply.
  • Not Allowed: to edit your message.
Time to create page: 0.288 seconds